FV. question (see post #2)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skippi

Reaction score
Didn't have time over the weekend, so got things going this evening.

Malt cans warming up

Copied from the giveaway thread C_T

DIPA1.jpg

Malt poured into the fermentation bucket

DIPA2.jpg

Nice clean & empty malt cans

DIPA3.jpg

The obligatory hydrometer shot. Calling the OG 1.064, should finish with a reasonably high ABV.

DIPA4.jpg

Did the kit a little short at 22lts, old habit.

DIPA5.jpg

And finally put to bed for the next five days until dry hop time.

DIPA6.jpg

Looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

Its a 30ltr Brupaks Fermenter. Easy to clean and achieve a good seal every time.
Can't recall exactly where I got it from, but could have been my local home brew shop.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brupaks Fermenter 30ltr (DUE 18 JUNE) (brewuk.co.uk)

Purpose built fermenting vessels of special food-grade plastic. Ideal for beer and wine.
Complete with hermetically sealing lid with locking ring, large airlock suitable for primary fermentation and drainage tap.
30 Litres: height 36cm, diameter 40cm Requires approx 43cm clearance with airlock.

1626614392525.png

Hi @Applesnmore

On the whole pretty good.
No expert when it comes to describing the taste, but has a good amount of bitterness and aroma, though the aroma has faded over time.

I did get some homebrew twang, however this might be due to fermenting without temperature control in July where the temperature was between 25c-32c. Also the water where I live is very hard. These factors may not have helped.
Interestingly the twang fades a little after being poured.

Pic below.

IMG_1107.jpg

Latest posts

Back