Galaxy and simcoe

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

labrewski

Landlord.
Reaction score
Any one combine these in a brew trying a 100 g simcoe boiled with lme and dry hop 100g galaxy is it too much ???

Clint is right (predictive text suggested Clint is tight - I’ve no idea if that’s true but it is funny 😂 ). Anyway, if you add 100g of Simcoe at the start of the boil you will create something sooooo bitter it will not be nice.

Maybe add 10g (not very bitter) to 20g (fairly bitter) at 60 mins and put the rest in at 10 mins or better still the hop stand/whirlpool/flameout. The 100g dry hop is fine but it might take a while for the beer to condition with such a high hopping rate.

That's a waste using simcoe for bittering. If you have too minimalise your boil IBUs and increase your hoppage towards the end or if you have any other hops that you could bitter with.

I'm probably going to annoy u now but I was doing kits now I'm buying lme hops and yeast throwing all in a pot bringing to boil and simmering for 20 to 30 min not yeast obviously but it seems to be making me tasty beer I'm 3 batches in and cant complain this will be my 4th I don't really have the equipment or time or experience for ag or extract I think I'm just getting lucky lol

I'm probably going to annoy u now but I was doing kits now I'm buying lme hops and yeast throwing all in a pot bringing to boil and simmering for 20 to 30 min not yeast obviously but it seems to be making me tasty beer I'm 3 batches in and cant complain this will be my 4th I don't really have the equipment or time or experience for ag or extract I think I'm just getting lucky lol

Not annoying at all. If you like strong bitterness, go for it. 20 mins might be better with 100g but if you boil it for longer you could use less: 30g for 60 mins is about the same as 100g for 20 mins.

Not annoying at all. If you like strong bitterness, go for it. 20 mins might be better with 100g but if you boil it for longer you could use less: 30g for 60 mins is about the same as 100g for 20 mins.
Very good bringing cost down might try a longer boil on next one

Does the yeast survive the boil🤔🤔

Latest posts

Back