Galaxy Hop Replacement

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like everyone is getting in on the act - I hope they haven’t all stolen my recipe 😂

Citra-Mosaic-Galaxy has pretty much become the default starting point for NEIPAs - for instance Braufessor's hugely influential one uses that combination in 3:2:1 proportions and was first posted in January 2016.

Galaxy is pretty much unique but as has been mentioned, the likes of Ella and Vic Secret are probably the least worst substitutes, there's just something about the polyphenol content of the hops Down Under. If you can get it Nectaron might be another to consider.

If you can get it Vic Secret is a good substitute for Galaxy
Thanks for the advice. Not in the UK and this was the last order of 2020 (delivery options are a bit more complicated/expensive and so I have to order less often). They don'y even expect to have Galxy until March!!!

My favorite beer is an all galaxy recipe
Dennis Kings Galaxy Delight | The Malt Miller
At last years Brewcon the maltmiller stand were offering tastings of a beer they brewed with the same malt bill and Vics secret and I was very impressed very little difference bearing in mind they used a different yeast to me. Rob, the malt miller did say galaxy were going to get harder to source and he was having to pay top dollar to buy it. He does still have some in stock but pricy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn! Can't get hold of Galaxy and the thread I started about it has become a 'Great Recipes that use Galaxy' group.

Thanks for the tips though!

It would save everyone time if you edited your profile to reflect that fact....
True. I have added a location to my profile and so I hope that shows up. I should have been back in the UK, but I rethought my plans due to Covid (trying to reduce travelling for the winter)

Latest posts

Back