Gaming.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I bought an Oculus Quest 2 VR headset on the weekend and I've been amazed by it. I still have the PSVR but won't be using it any more and will probably try and sell it.

The Oculus has so many advantages - the spec is much higher and it can be used cordlessly which is a massive plus. You can store apps and games on it or you can stream Steam games from your pc and play those on it.

So far I've got the new Half Life Alyx game, Skyrim VR plus some others including a cricket game I'm going to try out tonight. I've viewed the top of Everest, the Northern Lights and even the surface of Mars as free experiences the list seems huge. You can also watch 3d movies on it.

Only downside so far is I've bumped my hands a couple of times waving swords at dragons forgetting there is a desk in front of me :laugh8:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have VR but love gaming i used to make my own high spec gaming PC's back in the day but eventually stopped chasing my tail and moved to console, i have had a PS4 since launch (and many before it) my latest finished game was Ghost of TSUSHIMA i would say it was one of the best games i have ever played and i have played many my next game is going to be Assasins Creed Valhalla (see below) i have played most of the Assasins Creed games and this looks a cracker.

If any members reading this haven't played Ghost of TSUSHIMA get it you wont be disappointed and there's loads on Ebay, you will also be playing it a long time and it never gets old -

As is the case with most open world games with lots of filler content, Ghost of Tsushima is a long game. If you spend as much time with the breathtaking photo mode as we did, you can expect the hours to start piling up. As a general baseline though, you're looking at 50-60 hours to 100% complete Ghost of Tsushima and earn the platinum trophy. That's how long it took me to complete everything, including finding all artefacts and collectibles.

Last edited:
The sound is part of the experience.
Widescreen TVs are cheap these days but a good sound system is part of the experience.And still expensive.

Unless you happen to live in a flat,Its a wonderfull thing these days to have a cinema in your own home.

I've got Assasins Creed Odyssey on the PS4 but not had time to play it much yet work has been crazy. I like the look of it though.

It also seems it is possible to play Witcher 3 and RDR2 on the Oculus in VR gonna have to look at that over Christmas. I'll never stop playing games whatever age I get to.

Red Dead Redemption 2 is my current game, the single player Story is amazing and the world is huge I really enjoy it. Its a game to take your time with and not rush but enjoy every little side mission. Getting close to the end but will run through again probably. Not sure about the multiplayer, seems a bit toxic at times.

Red Dead Redemption 2 is my current game, the single player Story is amazing and the world is huge I really enjoy it. Its a game to take your time with and not rush but enjoy every little side mission. Getting close to the end but will run through again probably. Not sure about the multiplayer, seems a bit toxic at times.
I tried multiplayer for a couple of hours but ultimately it felt pointless - the best part was the single player story.

It was good enough to go back into at Christmas - in VR as well if I can get it working well enough but if not I'll still do it - probably play as a bad ass next time.

I tried multiplayer for a couple of hours but ultimately it felt pointless - the best part was the single player story.

It was good enough to go back into at Christmas - in VR as well if I can get it working well enough but if not I'll still do it - probably play as a bad ass next time.
VR could be great, I was thinking I'd go bad the next time too ;)

I've been hooked on gta online for the last year I just couldn't get tired of playing it think ill pick up black ops when it's out call of duty was one of my favourite games in history the older ones were fantastic

If I ever win the Premium Bonds jackpot I promise you I will never ever complain about being bored while retired. There is just not enough time to be able to do everything what with gaming, brewing, gardening, learning guitar and that's just the stuff I can do at home nevermind all the time I would usually spend in the pub or playing tennis etc.

I posted this on another thread a while back:

I've enjoyed computer games since I was a kid and for most of the time since I've considered myself to be a fairly avid gamer. I've been a Playstation man since the original PS1 but prior to that I had a Sega Master System (a true classic), the Sega Mega-Drive and then (probably one of my all time favourite systems) a Nintendo 64. Did a bit of PC gaming in my late teens too but was never the hardcore rig building type PC gamer.

I'm now in my mid 30's and currently playing on PS4. I don't get to play anywhere near as often as I used to so my exploration of PS4 titles is probably quite limited by some folks standards but I still like to keep my hand in and there have been a glut of exiting games released recently and soon to be released to coincide with the next-gen consoles launching later this year.

On PS4, I've been a massive fan of The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt and Red Dead Redemption 2. Played a fair few other great games on PS4 including Wolfenstein (The New Order), Tomb Raider, Hitman, Killzone Shadow Fall and some others that aren't coming to mind. I used to be a big FIFA fan but I chucked that a few years ago as I found the online side of it was all I was really playing and it brought out a fairly unhealthy competitive streak in me. I decided enough was enough after I smashed a controller (eek!). The less said about that the better! :laugh8:

Most recently I've been playing The Last of Us Part 2 and I'm absolutely loving it. Prior to that I had re-played the first game (originally released on PS3) and both games are up there with my all time faves. The sequel is absolutely outstanding and I'm currently just more than half way through the campaign. Great visceral and fluid gameplay, very atmospheric and the story and script is up there with with some of the best movies or television I've watched. I'd highly recommend it to anyone with a PS4 but it's not for the faint of heart - at times it's nerve shredding and intense beyond belief (or maybe I'm just a big wimp!).

I've since finished TLOU2 and although it was fantastic to play and a great story it doesn't leave the lasting impression that the first game did.

After TLOU2 I picked up Doom 2016 which is a direct reboot of the original 1993 classic. I bought it on a bit of whim as it was under a fiver on the Psn store although I knew it was highly rated as a FPS. Long story short, I fupping love it! Brilliant fun fast based action gameplay. It's a total change of pace the games I'm used to playing. The gameplay also doesn't get repetitive as I thought it might. There's also a really cool exploration angle to the gameplay that I wasn't expecting. Would highly recommend it 👍

I don't have VR but love gaming i used to make my own high spec gaming PC's back in the day but eventually stopped chasing my tail and moved to console, i have had a PS4 since launch (and many before it) my latest finished game was Ghost of TSUSHIMA i would say it was one of the best games i have ever played and i have played many my next game is going to be Assasins Creed Valhalla (see below) i have played most of the Assasins Creed games and this looks a cracker.

@Chippy_Tea I never had you down as a gamer. Nice one. Assassins Creed is one of my favourites too, and I am looking forward to Valhalla.

Assassins Creed + Vikings = Awesome.

Ghost of Tsushima is on my list too.

We could add our gamertags to this thread?

Last edited:
I like Minecraft personally

Minecraft with the PS4 VR headset is fantastic. The kids set me up with some flying contraption and I could jet around the Minecraft landscape. I think I may have been screaming out loud at one point. o_O

Loved TLOU1.

I played TLOU2 and at first thought it amazing I put a fair few hours in then I kind of got the feeling it was more like a film with bits I controlled in-between the more I played the worse it got until I gave up and traders it, I am not saying it's a bad game it just didn't do it for me.

I bought an Oculus Quest 2 VR headset on the weekend and I've been amazed by it. I still have the PSVR but won't be using it any more and will probably try and sell it.

The Oculus has so many advantages - the spec is much higher and it can be used cordlessly which is a massive plus. You can store apps and games on it or you can stream Steam games from your pc and play those on it.

So far I've got the new Half Life Alyx game, Skyrim VR plus some others including a cricket game I'm going to try out tonight. I've viewed the top of Everest, the Northern Lights and even the surface of Mars as free experiences the list seems huge. You can also watch 3d movies on it.

Only downside so far is I've bumped my hands a couple of times waving swords at dragons forgetting there is a desk in front of me :laugh8:

I've got the PS4 VR. It is really amazing the first time you put it on and find yourself in a game. Skyrim VR is one of the best examples, I just spend time wandering around looking at stuff. Only problem I find is that most of the VR games make me feel very nauseous, very quickly. How do you get around that? I can't even walk about in Skyrim without feeling sick.

Just recently got Star Wars Squadrons VR. Sitting in an X-Wing cockpit in VR is really cool. You can look over your shoulder during dog-fights and see the Tie Fighters coming up behind you. Lasted about 5 mins before I felt too sick to continue.

Funnily enough i have just picked up a 6 month old Xbox One X for my boys for xmas, especially as the new X series is coming out in a few weeks.

I used to console game allot going back a while so i may partake in a few games with my kids over xmas.

Purely for research purposes obviously.

Minecraft with the PS4 VR headset is fantastic. The kids set me up with some flying contraption and I could jet around the Minecraft landscape. I think I may have been screaming out loud at one point. o_O
Flying?!? How did you do that?!

I just dig for diamonds and run around looking for cool stuff lol

Flying?!? How did you do that?!

I just dig for diamonds and run around looking for cool stuff lol

OK, I had to pass your question on to my boys, cos I had no idea how they did it.

We were in creative mode, and you need elytra (some kind of wings), and fireworks. Jump in the air and activate the fireworks, and you are flying. I think.

Good luck. If you can get it working it is awesome.

Latest posts

Back