Gamma Ray Original

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There you go

Is this from Brewdog’s Craft Beer For The People?

I thought it was as just a hardcover version of the DIYdog downloadable recipes. Didn’t realise it had other brews in there.

Is it worth getting this book then?

I’m definitely going to do this Gamma Ray soon.

Cheers.

Yeah its the Craft Beer For The People
Has Cloudwater
Modern Times
Victory

etc
really good book, lil too much Brewdog are ace ****e but hey

Hardcover DIYDog has all of BrewDog's recipes. Craft Beer for the People has a couple and some other breweries' recipes.

Does anyone have suggested mash steps and timings for this, or would it simply be mash at the stipulated heat then boil? What about mash out etc?

Cheers

Yeah its the Craft Beer For The People
Has Cloudwater
Modern Times
Victory

etc
really good book, lil too much Brewdog are ace ****e but hey

Thanks. Saw this going cheap (ish) on Amazon, so bought it.
Arrived today. Looks pretty good. Even has a food recipe section !

I dry hopped on day 10, gravity was 1.010
I then left for 3 days, cold crashed for 24 hours then did a co2 transfer to keg.
Don't like leaving hops for longer than 3 days really as they develop grassy notes.
I used gelatine as well in the keg to clear

Going to brew this recipe on Saturday, looking forward to it.

When you get round to it Brandead appreciate if you could confirm how much Columbus to add at start of boil, 7g or 14g?

Also would you recommend using any irish moss on this or not?

Photo on 17-01-2018 at 16.29.jpg I tried 14 grams first time as I like it a tad more bitter. But the recipe states 7. The recipe for everyone requesting it. I used a protofloc tablet at 15 mins. Also added gelatine to the keg to clear even more.

Last edited:
Don't worry if it looks a little dark once brewed. Two days in and now the yeasts going mental and turning more golden.
gammabrew.jpg

Yes mate. Thanks again for all your useful tips. I hit an OG of 1050. FV volume is about 18L vs target of 20. Few bubbles last night and sample colour looked and tasted good!

I wonder if I'm boiling a bit too hard and hence losing extra couple of litres. I guess OG would have been lower if volume was higher though.

On a 25L boil what power input are you using?

I'm brewing this at the moment, the dry hops are in as we speak. I got around 19l at the end of the boil which was giving me 1.056. I added a litre of boiled water and it took me to 1.051.

I'm using a Grainfather in the UK so usual UK power output. Either the recipe is slightly wrong or we're both boiling too hard.

My brew vessel has quite a lot of losses, think due to it being rather wide than tall.
So I ended up with 18 litre also and that was from 28 litres.

Latest posts

Back