Gamma Ray Original

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I fermented at 20c throughout so just dryhopped at same temperature. Will cold crash after 3-4 days.

Unfortunately im poor and have no fermentation temp control
So it depends on how hot the wife likes our house.
Usually its floats around 18 degrees so I have to live with that.

Ill prolly do the same, dry hops are in now, give it 4 days then crash.

Just got a batch of this on the go myself. The smell from my ace brewer while lifting and dunking the hop spider during the flame out additions was amazing. I just hope the final beer will be as mouth watering :thumb:

Cheers Tom

I can promise you it will be.
2 more days dry hopping, think Ill natural carb and not force carb this time.
Let me know the results

First pint just now from new keg, only been naturally priming for 8 days but its. blinder, another week will be spot on.
I upped the hops a little but would go even further next time.
40 pints for £18 compared to 1 pint at Refuge in Manchester for £5.20
Think ill stay home this weekend : )

I upped the hops on it though.
First batch I did the exact recipe, hops from MaltMiller and was spot on
This 2nd batch I got the hops from eBay from CrossmyLoof.
No disrespect to them but even though I added extra hops, it wasn't as hoppy and fragrant as the first batch.

The recipe calls for extra pale, I just chose MO. Im sure you could run with anything.
Id say 3 weeks grain to glass if kegging, going to let mine sit for another week though after last nights tasting.
Next time I won't fine with gelatine as its unbelievably crystal clear and gamma has a slight haze

Go with this exact recipe, but bump the hops up. Photo on 17-01-2018 at 16.29.jpg

Bump the dry hop? Upping the rest will increase the ibu. As it stands the ibu comes in around 35 if you select the whirlpool option in the brew calculator.

The IBU should come it at 45. I dont think the whirlpool additions would bump up the IBU that much.
Dont get me wrong, you may think the recipe is perfect and love it.
Ive just destroyed my palate lately with DIPAs and Triple IPAs.
But from an aroma point of view, id up the dry hops a little to give it a more In your face tropical burst like Gamma does.

Got the harder to find hops from Cross my Loof. Will probably use them in future, handier and more cost eficient than getting delivered from Ireland! (I'm in Scotland). Very reasonable prices and good quantity (per gram) selection.

Beer is a lot darker than thought for some reason, dark amber / light brown. Found that it loses hop aroma quite rapid. Nice beer however, probably my favourite on the Grainfather so far, but this might attribute to being the only one I've dry hopped.

Latest posts

Back