Gas Adapters

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fissedasapart

Reaction score
I'm moving away from a pressure barrel set up to corny kegs, mostly due to carbonation issues and the availability and expense of Hambleton Bard canisters. However, I want to keep the pressure barrels for occasional low carbonation brews.
Is there a way of converting the pressure barrel cap to a corny keg gas in connection?
Ive seen corny keg connections with male threaded fittings. Could I remove the S30 fitting on PB cap and replace it with a Corny Keg connector?
Ive seen adapters for sodastream bottles, that look like like you inject gas into the S30 fitting. Has anyone used them? I could go down this route and fill my sodastream bottles from my bulk tank.
Easiest would be replacing the S30 with corny keg fitting if that was possible
Cheers

Remember the S30 fitting is a pressure relief valve as well as check valve for when you inject CO2. If you remove the S30 valve you’ll need to replace it with a corny gas post and a pressure relief valve, which you could do if you fit a “T” fitting where the S30 was.

You need one of these adapters for soda stream to s30 it’s a push fit, I normally give a one to two second squirt
89FCFF1A-610B-44C7-A3ED-9506D6B57E10.jpeg
97B013D3-3083-4272-93E3-7BC94858010A.jpeg
1220FB48-6139-41A1-83E6-0BE22A1E946D.jpeg

Any idea where I can source this from? Good point about the PRV.
It’s something I made up myself cos I got fed up with the S30 valve. I don’t actually use this on my King Kegs as I have my own design of cap but I use the same bits.
The stainless steel fittings come from
150LB BSP Fittings Threaded Stainless Steel fitting Low Pressure
The bulkhead head fittings, pressure relief valve and pressure gauge come from feabay...
BSPP Female Bulkhead Fitting Full Range Sizes with Fixing Nut Bulkhead Connector | eBay
Pressure Safety Valves NPT AND BSP, Pressure Relief Valve various Pressures | eBay
1.1/2 in Dia ( 40mm ) Air Pressure Gauges Multi Listing, 15 psi to 300 psi | eBay
The corny gas post comes from
https://www.themaltmiller.co.uk/product/gas-ball-lock-post-with-14bsp-bulkhead-assembly/Warning: it’s not cheap!

I've got 4 plastic pressure barrels which I currently don't use as I have 3 cornies and a 10l keg. If I removed the S30 valve and fitted a corny post and then drilled the plastic barrel and fitted a prv would there be a problem?

Thought pb,s aren't able to go over 15 psi
Is that low carb levels

How I moved to cornys because of the no fizz biz thought they were great until my beer was flat

Flat beer in p b getting the cornys going this weekend
Love the pb style and ease but just didnt carb up beautiful fluffy head clear beer but no fizz

Latest posts

Back