GAS bbq...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You need to keep the grills protected with oil when storing. Mines a few years old but can go rusty if they get damp. I clean before use and then oil cold before heating. After that oil the meat is best.

I use one of the pump oil sprays and refill with veg oil.

Just bought one of those sprayers you use for star San. Not a good one. More a water pistol than a mister and I’ve spayed oil everywhere! Smells like a chippy!

Or just now and then?
Steel brush, wiping, oiling, wiping, oil, food. Unlike a carbon steel pan in the house, my grill takes heavy scrubbing and removes coating/seasoning.
Spraying with oil works and I've done it too because it's convenient. There's a lot of missing the target with spraying though. A kitchen cloth (not terry cloth) dipped in oil and then wiped on the grill works. Paper towel does too but it's flimsy and likely to disintegrate.

20220609_132504.jpg

Finally...Master Touch kettle,57cm,sear grate,chimney starter. I blagged £6 off the sear gate too embarrassing Mrs Clint in the process!

Where are the mods when you need them?

More to the point how are you making the curries on that
Good point! I'm going to frankenstein my existing gas bbq into an outside cook area as the side burner is fine. I'm going to remove the worn out gas grill and fit a work top/prep area. I'll also get rid of the lid. I can then cover it all. My new kettle will fit alongside nicely.

I love my CG because I can smoke or grill both direct and indirect. CG also has a lot of capacity, which is another thing I like about it. If you don't intend to cook a lot of food at once, a Weber smoker device is another option you might want to consider if you don't plan on cooking a lot of food at once.
Here TheBarBec - Your Guide to Perfect BBQ i found a great review about GAS Grill, you may check.

Latest posts

Back