GAS bbq...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I mostly use my Big Green Egg kamado nowadays, but gas has its place. I'm looking to replace my knackered 15yo Outback Spirit (only one burner left working) and I'm also looking at a Napoleon - two burner + side plate can be had for 750 quid. Three burner + side plate + back rotisserie burner looks like the sweet spot, but multiple times the 400 quid I stumped up for the Outback.

I looked at the Broil King Baron with infrared side burner and rotisserie but wonder if I would get much use out of them.

I don't have an infrared side burner so couldn't comment on that but the rotisserie has had some good use. Admittedly, I don't use it masses but the rotating keeps juices inside the meat better, so even simple things like chicken or pork joints come out nicely. It's certainly a nice-to-have rather than an essential feature though.

I've had a broil king for 7 yrs. Been pleased with it. Using a smoke box or lumps of wood can be used as a great smoker. Spit roaster makes really moist chicken. I have an aldi pizza box which also works great on it.

Going to get my tin hat out now before they tell us to cook inside.

i need one for my holiday apartment in mallorca and the kitchen is tiny so ironically ill be looking to do all my cooking outside if possible! I will be checking out the suggestions on the thread.

Has anyone got a searing staion on their bbq?

Not sure if it’s a bit of a gimmick or not. Reeseach seems to suggest all it does is save a bit of time. Thinking of getting the Weber spirit GBS but not sure if it’s worth paying the extra for the searing station.

Has anyone got a searing staion on their bbq?

Not sure if it’s a bit of a gimmick or not. Reeseach seems to suggest all it does is save a bit of time. Thinking of getting the Weber spirit GBS but not sure if it’s worth paying the extra for the searing station.
There's some new vids on YouTube of the new 2022 Genesis...some info regards to temps etc. Looking at the one I fancy with the side burner I may as well get the latest model as its only £100 extra and you can claim a rotisserie free.

There's some new vids on YouTube of the new 2022 Genesis...some info regards to temps etc. Looking at the one I fancy with the side burner I may as well get the latest model as its only £100 extra and you can claim a rotisserie free.

I saw that offer On the Weber site. not sure what the difference is between the genesis and the spirit. They seem cross Over a bit price wise with top end spirits being as much or more than the lower end Genesis. I was thinking spirit size wise as it’s for a small terrace.

Will check out those vids cheers.

Just picking this up again as was about to go for the Weber spirit but the reviews since they moved production over to China a few years ago seem a bit more mixed.

I’ve no problem paying premium prices for premium quality but not sure if this is the case now and I’d get something very similar for half the price?

Anyone any experience here?

I believe Napoleon also manufacture in China. Not sure about broil king.

Just picking this up again as was about to go for the Weber spirit but the reviews since they moved production over to China a few years ago seem a bit more mixed.

I’ve no problem paying premium prices for premium quality but not sure if this is the case now and I’d get something very similar for half the price?

Anyone any experience here?

I believe Napoleon also manufacture in China. Not sure about broil king.
I can just repeat myself, the broil king has an excellent value for money.

I looked at the Broil King Baron with infrared side burner and rotisserie but wonder if I would get much use out of them.

Got to admit I've used the rotisserie on my Outback 2-3 times in 15 years...

i need one for my holiday apartment in mallorca and the kitchen is tiny so ironically ill be looking to do all my cooking outside if possible! I will be checking out the suggestions on the thread.
I know each situation is different.so it may not be relevent. For cooking on the terrace in Spain we use a small smokeless BBQ. Works for swmbo and me. If more capacity needed I use a 51 cm round imex one, it can be used for paellla cooking as well. The imex ones are really well made and dont rot.
Link to Leroy merin site for portable one. Barbacoa Starlyf Portable Smokefree para carbón recomendada para 4 personas

I know each situation is different.so it may not be relevent. For cooking on the terrace in Spain we use a small smokeless BBQ. Works for swmbo and me. If more capacity needed I use a 51 cm round imex one, it can be used for paellla cooking as well. The imex ones are really well made and dont rot.
Link to Leroy merin site for portable one. Barbacoa Starlyf Portable Smokefree para carbón recomendada para 4 personas
They had a similar model in Carrefour last summer for €49 , it has a cast iron grill plus a chrome grill, depending on the charcoal used it's definitely not smokeless when you light it first though.

Went for broil king in the end.

Attachments

• F54CA906-13E5-48CE-8DF2-DE87AA0C8D4A.jpeg
    F54CA906-13E5-48CE-8DF2-DE87AA0C8D4A.jpeg
    25.4 KB · Views: 13
Do people season the grills with cooking oil before use and again after cleaning with each use? Or just now and then?

Latest posts

Back