Gas line fittings

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a kegerator that is supplied with co2 for the kegs via standard grey gas line.
She who must be obeyed says I must move it but to get it where it must go I need to change the gas feed.
Do John Guest speed fit connections work with co2 pressures?
What I need is a 90 degree sharp bend to enable the gas line to fit between a wall and the kegerator such that the line can bend sharply where it goes into the kegerator.

I bought one of those a couple of weeks back and fitted it just today. It does exactly what it says on the tin

Attachments

• 20220115_171743.jpg
    20220115_171743.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 28
That good news. The elbow joint I have now is great, thanks all.
One more thing. I am adding secondary regulators that have guages up to 23 PSI. The pub size co2 bottle has a regulator on it which is adjustable up way beyond the 23 PSI of the secondary regs and so I need to protect them from accidental over pressure from the primary reg. Is there a device that I can either limit or lock the main regulator adjustment control with?

The gauges on the secondaries will be indicating the output pressure, not the input (bus) pressure.

Check the maximum input pressure of your secondary regulators. They will often be rated for up to 10 BAR (about 145 PSI). Some may go to 16 BAR but the linking pipe components may only be rated for 10 BAR. Your primary (cylinder) regulator probably only allows adjustment to 4 BAR (60 PSI). So, no problem?

I put a safety relief valve somewhere in my "bus" line (i.e. between primary output and secondary input) that operates between 90 and 120 PSI (6-8 BAR) "just in case". The secondary regulators prefer to operate with a decent input pressure to output pressure ratio; I have my bus set at 4 or 5 BAR (60-75 PSI); the maximum my primary regulators can output.

Back