Gas Line into Beer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mancer62

Landlord.
Reaction score
Just made cock up of adding co2 to my keg.
It sits cupboard under stairs not the best lighting...A few mins ago I wrongly connected my gas line to the beer and gave it a blast. I heard the beer inside bubble and stopped. I cant get it off the connection as it feels really tight... What should i do? release all the pressure from my keg for example?

I've made that mistake before and yes it becomes very hard to get off. You got it on, so it will come off but you have to be very accurate about how you lift it. Extra force doesn't help - the disconnect needs to be lifted directly out and centred so the internal lips align. A bit like playing the old game 'operation' that buzzed at you if you didn't lift the parts out straight!

WHATEVER YOU DO - DO IT OUTSIDE AND NOT UNDER THE STAIRS!

They used to mark maps with the words "Here there be dragons!" and I can assure you that your partner (or Mum if you still live at home) will remind you of that saying if you experiment under the stairs and it goes **** up!

WHATEVER YOU DO - DO IT OUTSIDE AND NOT UNDER THE STAIRS!

They used to mark maps with the words "Here there be dragons!" and I can assure you that your partner (or Mum if you still live at home) will remind you of that saying if you experiment under the stairs and it goes t**s up!

This! I’ve seen the carnage after a friend did this before and then forced it off in his fridge, it took quite a while to clean up the beer shower

Latest posts

Back