Gas loss of my barrel

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndyGT

Reaction score
Hi All.
On my 3rd brew now as a novice and my brew is gasless.
Did my fermentation as per guidance gravity all ok added hops as per guidance siphoned off into a plastic barrel and primed with dextrose and left for 10 days before moving to a dark cool place I poured enoth to check the gravity again and the beer is flat so I'm guessing the lid seal on the barrel has leaked.
What's my best option as charging with co2 will be difficult as my barrel has 40 pints in it.
Any advice would help how to try and get some gas into the brew.
Ps it's an IPA.
CHEERS

Add more sugar then lightly Vaseline the threads and “O” ring on the top cap and tighten it up.

After a couple of leaky caps I started to use Vaseline (I can’t taste it so …?) and a leather oil filter strap, to ensure that the cap was tight - and I never had another failure!
:hat:

Add more sugar then lightly Vaseline the threads and “O” ring on the top cap and tighten it up.

After a couple of leaky caps I started to use Vaseline (I can’t taste it so …?) and a leather oil filter strap, to ensure that the cap was tight - and I never had another failure!
:hat:
CHEERS I'll try that

Latest posts

Back