Gas management board

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhyno

Reaction score
Hi,

Was just wondering if anyone knew a good place to get gas management boards or similar?

I plan to run multiple kegs at different pressures from the same bottle.

Any advice appreciated :)

Cheers

You don't really need a "gas management board". They might be convenient, but are a hang-over from the awful 60-70s keg days. I reckon a decent (serviceable) regulator on the gas bottle set to deliver 3-5 bar, then split that line into several feeds to "secondary" regulators on the kegs.

I explained it some more here: https://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/threads/co2-management-primer.67424/

I've got a piccie to illustrate what I mean. The two secondaries (these are Shako NR200s) are set up the same here but obviously can be set up for different pressures, and there can be more than two! Don't worry about all the kookie connectors; I used to use John Guest like everyone else.
20180317_091052_web-jpg.13043

Ah cool I had seen regulators they could connect to the keg but were described for use when transferring between kegs. Didn't realise an alternative was available that's great thanks

email Norm [email protected] aka Corny Norm, ive not bough from him for a few years now but he sells on ebay and is known to sell good stuff at a reasonable price and is expert on all things corny.

however a diy job employing aquarium regulators may be a better home option if at all diy inclined. the reason being a home setup will be pushing beer a lot less distance and the standard regs are a pita to set at the lowest levels

fwiw i use a set of 3 x primary regs inline on a britvic labled steel base board, these appear on ebay for circa £50 and come from pubs used i believe in the syrup mixing and serving of soft drinks and are pretty good (pita setting low pressures accepted..) i use 2 x to set serving levels and the 3rd to condition kegs and provide co2 for flushing vessels etc..

@Jakeyboi i do hope you feed that from a regulated supply???? personally i would be more comfortable using threaded pipe fittings.

Yes mate I have a primary regulator on the bottle. So my board is only running at 30 psi. Threaded fittings are unnesassry.

They look very neat and tidy. Where would you get the shako regulators with gauges? Done a quick search but can’t find them with gushes. Cheers

Here: http://www.shako-online-sales.com/frl/regulators/miniature-regulator-nr200-01-nr200-02

NR200 is the model, you are probably best with the L2 variation, 0~2 bar (2bar = 30psi-ish) as the gauge graduations are easy to read (and I doubt you want higher than 30psi). BSP thread makes sense (and it is what they stock). 1/4" or 1/8" as you please. The gauges are an option, make sure you select it as they are a third of the price you'll find elsewhere. About £12 all-in. Make sure you still have a "primary" regulator on the bottle to drop the feed pressure down to 4 bar or so (these "secondary" regulators can take a maximum of 16 bar - don't attach them directly to the CO2 bottle).

I use these regulators as "spunding" valves too (for fermenting under pressure).

You might get tempted by the other Shako regulators. Careful! This is what I've had to do to get the NUR models (there is two in the picture below) working as I expected:

20180605_101908_WEB.jpg

But the NURs are very accurate at maintaining pressure (increasing and decreasing pressure in the supplied keg). Makes it worth it :confused: ?

Latest posts

Back