G'day from Tasmania.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tassie

Reaction score
G'day fellow brewers, looking forward to sharing brewing knowledge with brewers from the mother country. Just recently moved to Burnie fron Strath gordon. For any Americans on the forum Tasmania is an island off the main land of Australia,and yes our language is English.
Plenty of brewers and craft breweries in Oz, we fall short on the forum front so looking forward to getting involved here.
Cheers.

Welcome Tassie, friendly bunch on this forum, sure you will enjoy being here. Come across any Thylacines in Strathgordon? Pretty remote neck of the woods.
Can't imagine what you were doing there.

Emma

Welcome Tassie, friendly bunch on this forum, sure you will enjoy being here. Come across any Thylacines in Strathgordon? Pretty remote neck of the woods.
Can't imagine what you were doing there.

Emma
Hi Emma best not to mention thylacines, every man and his dog would be out trying to spot one. It is remote, population 15, 14 now I have left😅 I was a ranger.

G'day fellow brewers, looking forward to sharing brewing knowledge with brewers from the mother country. Just recently moved to Burnie fron Strath gordon. For any Americans on the forum Tasmania is an island off the main land of Australia,and yes our language is English.
Plenty of brewers and craft breweries in Oz, we fall short on the forum front so looking forward to getting involved here.
Cheers
... and you drive on the right side of the road, which is the left side. Might take issue with the language, though: what's a rort? and "... "he's over it" means something entirely different :laugh8::laugh8::laugh8::laugh8: Only joking.
Welcome Tassie. Tasmania's definitely on my bucket list. Missed the boat as step-daughter and husband just moved away from Hobart to UK. I reckon they'll be back though. I'm focussing on NZ and Oz beers at the mo as I just love the hops.
So what sort of stuff do you like to brew up and drink?

... and you drive on the right side of the road, which is the left side. Might take issue with the language, though: what's a rort? and "... "he's over it" means something entirely different :laugh8::laugh8::laugh8::laugh8: Only joking.
Welcome Tassie. Tasmania's definitely on my bucket list. Missed the boat as step-daughter and husband just moved away from Hobart to UK. I reckon they'll be back though. I'm focussing on NZ and Oz beers at the mo as I just love the hops.
So what sort of stuff do you like to brew up and drink?
Pale ales are my usual drinks occasional lager but love my dark beers, probably from the cold weather in the mountains. Something warming about a strong stout.

For any Americans on the forum Tasmania is an island off the main land of Australia,and yes our language is English.
That made me laugh.
In any case, there's more than one location I've seen here that I've had to Google to get an idea.
This is a really good forum, offers a flavor not available on the sister-site (HomeBrewTalk, which is also very good).
Welcome aboard.

I had to put that in, I was in America and when I said I came from Tasmania I was told my English is very good.o_O
Can't say the same thing for the sister site in Oz it's a shadow of its former self, barely anyone on there now.
I'm on there, and yeah, it is bit sparse, but the members are friendly enough and it's fascinating to see how people do things differently in your neck of the woods.
What happened? Why did everyone leave?

Blimey. Just had a post deleted. Can't even remember what it said so it's probably not worth fretting too much over.
As for Tasmanian cider, I've missed the boat on that one. Young'ns just come back to UK after running a cafe on some island and then moving to Hobart. Should have visited while we had the chance. To check out the cider, if course.
Is history repeating itself here, I wonder.

Blimey. Just had a post deleted. Can't even remember what it said so it's probably not worth fretting too much over.
As for Tasmanian cider, I've missed the boat on that one. Young'ns just come back to UK after running a cafe on some island and then moving to Hobart. Should have visited while we had the chance. To check out the cider, if course.
Is history repeating itself here, I wonder.
I had 3 deleted too for mentioning the unmentionable. You missed out on a good trip, some very remote areas here but they are magnificent. When you think about it Tassie is the same size as Ireland roughly with only one tenth of the population.

Latest posts

Back