GEB Galaxy Pale Ale Beer Kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TastyMcbrewski

Reaction score
G’day all
Given the choice between disciplining my uncontrollable 3 year old or leaving that to my wife and escaping into my beer cellar for a couple of hours a few weeks back, please see my review for the above beer for anyone interested:
Kit contents
  • 2 x 1.5kg of Super Premium Light Liquid Malt
  • 1 x Isomerised hop extract to creat 40 ibu’s
  • 3 x 20g hop tea bags for dry hopping (innovative hop tea bag technology, super fresh and latest harvest)
  • 1 x Premium Range Lallemand BRY 97 West Coast Ale Yeast
  • Starting Gravity: 1042
  • Final Gravity: 1012
  • ABV: 3.9%
  • 40 IBU’s

I followed the traditional 2,2,2 rule with nothing remarkable happening (in a good way!)

Think it was £30 when brought for my birthday earlier on in the year although they seem cheaper now at £23. Either way, probably edges in as a Premium kit.
I’m drinking this young ( 6 weeks on the dot) and first impressions? Really impressed.

Before trying it, I was concerned at the 3.9% abv and I didn’t help matters when I brewed slightly long (23.5ltrs). It had the potential to be thin and lifeless.

This is the first galaxy beer I’ve had so can’t compare like for like, but certainly is the nicest pale ale I have done & far exceeds youngs ipa, beerworks presidents Sierra American ale, a pimped up wilko ipa.

My benchmark for excellence is Mj juicy IPA and this probably falls just shy, but a really good beer and one I would happily do again.

Acid test would I pay for it in a pub? Yep.

Great review! I did one of the GEB kits recently (Citra IPA) and was impressed. Really good to hear that this one hits the mark as well. Another to add to the ever-increasing 'to do' list!

Back