General election 2019: Blair attacks Corbyn's 'comic indecision' on Brexit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I really do wish Blair would do the decent thing and disappear for ever, he lead us into an illegal war where 179 British soldiers lost their lives and many more lost limbs, all he is saying in this article is a repeat of what has already been said countless times.

Lord Prescott: 'Tony Blair led the UK to war illegally'
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/09/lord-prescott-tony-blair-led-the-uk-to-war-illegally/

Labour "pursued a path of almost comic indecision" over Brexit during the election and "alienated both sides of the debate", Tony Blair has said.

In a speech in London, the ex-PM said he believed the party could have kept much of the vote in traditional Labour areas under a different leadership.

The situation was "made impossible by failure to take a clear position and to stick to it", Mr Blair said.

"The result has brought shame on us. We let our country down," he added.

Jeremy Corbyn told MPs on Tuesday that he "took responsibility" for Labour's worst electoral performance, in terms of seats won, since 1935.

And some of his supporters within the party, including shadow justice secretary Richard Burgon, have called Mr Blair's comments an "oversimplification" and said Mr Corbyn should not be blamed for the loss.

The Labour leader has said he will stand down "early next year".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50829352

Last edited:
He should hang his head in shame has become a multi-millionaire off being PM and most of all should have been tried for war crimes for what he did, most people would have retired kept their mouth shut and blended away for the rest of their life

Yes Blair should be charged with war crimes, I think he became PM bu making his policies near the same as the tories there fore appealing to swing voters while Corbyn doubled down on what he believed in which was popular with hard core momentum people who he had guaranteed votes from but noone else and lost yet more votes from having no real stance on brexit. If Corbyn had gone lighter on his policies and had a define view on brexit one way or the other I think it would be a hung parliament.

Thing is, whether he
-is a war criminal or not (unlikely or he would have been pursued as such)
-has made £Ms from being a former PM
-could be considered to be a pain in the bum for offering his opinion when it it might be considered inconvenient, unnecessary or just embarrassing
and of course whether you like him or not....
it seems to me what he has said only echoes what many others are saying and is mostly correct and in fairness to him no-one is having a pop at them, well mostly not anyway. ;)

Latest posts

Back