General election & new Labour government thread.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which party will you vote for

• Labour

• Conservative

• Reform

• Green

• SNP

• Lib Dem

• Still on the fence.

• Plaid cymru

• Local Independant

Results are only viewable after voting.
Some members have been very vocal about Nigel's views on immigration so i posted this earlier which shows the figures and no one has replied, do members agree that we have to do something about immigration we cannot carry on letting 1,250,000 in every year how can we take in the predicted 14 million over the next 15 years?

Reform UK will release its “contract with the people” in full on June 17, Nigel Farage has announced as he set out more of the party’s economic pledges to repair the “skint” UK.

Do you agree with this draft which may or may not be in the "Contract"

Uncontrolled mass immigration has pushed Britain to breaking point. A record 1,250,000 immigrants entered the UK in 2022. That is a city the size of Birmingham. Data is expected to show a similar number arrived in 2023 and probably 2024. New government figures say that almost 14 million people will arrive between 2021 and 2036. That is almost 1 million every year. The population explosion has led directly to the depression of local wages, the housing crisis and the NHS waiting list crisis. British culture, identity and values are under threat.

In 2022 over 45,000 illegal immigrants crossed the channel in small boats, followed by some 30,000 in 2023. Most were allowed in with no criminal checks. Over 17,000 have gone missing. Foreign criminals and terrorists walk our streets. Record numbers of asylum claims have been granted, increasing the magnet factor to the UK. Labour and the Tories will never control our borders.
The British people have been lied to, ignored and betrayed.

View attachment 100674

View attachment 100675
If this was given the scrutiny by the media that is applied to other statements by political parties.
New government figures don't say that almost 14million.... That is a lie.
If the figures are so high why lie about them? (But a million and a quarter soundbites nice?).
He has already been questioned on the Overseas Territories statement and couldn't answer it, just started insulting the interviewer, standard behaviour for him.
The interview on R5 wasn't good, he was pulled up about green issues that he was spouting, just flannelled off.
There are so many holes in this, just not being checked.
And the base figure for that year was high due to Hong Kong and Ukraine refugees which is noted by the ONS, which is where he should look for data.

If this was given the scrutiny by the media that is applied to other statements by political parties.
New government figures don't say that almost 14million.... That is a lie.
If the figures are so high why lie about them? (But a million and a quarter soundbites nice?).
He has already been questioned on the Overseas Territories statement and couldn't answer it, just started insulting the interviewer, standard behaviour for him.
The interview on R5 wasn't good, he was pulled up about green issues that he was spouting, just flannelled off.
There are so many holes in this, just not being checked.
And the base figure for that year was high due to Hong Kong and Ukraine refugees which is noted by the ONS, which is where he should look for data.
I would imagine he doesn't expect to get into power.
He is just trying to shift the Conservative party further to the right.
What Farrages real aim is, God knows.

Extraordinary election, there is a real chance that the Conservative party will implode.
The British Conservative party was the most successful political party in history.

No, my friends call me 'Shibs' or 'Barney' (after my father).
What's your fixation on Brian?
Are you a fan of medieval Irish Kings?
And how does this relate to the UK election?
Well, it relates as much to the UK election as a restaurant, as for Brian that was your previous name before being dismissed from the forum. You can change your Monika but you can't change your style of writing

Well, it relates as much to the UK election as a restaurant, as for Brian that was your previous name before being dismissed from the forum. You can change your Monika but you can't change your style of writing
You have lost me here, sorry.

And are we going to swallow any old number plucked or of the air by this rattlesnake?
That's a cop out if you are not going to prove the figures you assume he plucked out of the air are wrong you cannot call him a rattlesnake, he knows he would be fact checked and he has said the same on may different platforms no one has yet said his figures are wrong.

So let's get to this.
No essential immigration.

It doesn't say that - :roll:

In fact in his interview yesterday he said he would welcome skilled immigrants what he would change is the amount of non-essential immigrants we take and of course stop illegal immigration.

1718446350263.png

Last edited:
That's a cop out if you are not going to prove the figures you assume he plucked out of the air are wrong you cannot call him a rattlesnake, he knows he would be fact checked and he has said the same on may different platforms no one has yet said his figures are wrong.
I already told you they are not the official figures, regularly he uses made up figures and then vlusters/insults &etc when challenged. FYI I looked at ONS figures. If he has another source for reliable data it would be interesting to know

That's a cop out if you are not going to prove the figures you assume he plucked out of the air are wrong you cannot call him a rattlesnake,
The burden of proof should be on the person stating the figures, not on the person challenging them.

I can state it as fact that there were only 100 immigrants in the whole of 2023, not 1.4 million. It's now up to you to prove me wrong

The burden of proof should be on the person stating the figures, not on the person challenging them.

Joking aside -

Britain has up to 1.2 million illegal immigrants, a quarter of all those that have unlawfully entered Europe, an authoritative study has revealed.

The number of illegal immigrants in the UK has doubled in a decade with more than half having lived illegally in the UK for more than five years and a third more than ten years, according to the pan-European analysis by the respected Pew Research Centre.

Only Germany has a similar number of illegal immigrants with between one million and 1.2 million, which means that it and the UK account for half of all those who have unlawfully entered Europe.

The research - the first study of its kind in a decade to cover all 32 European nations - exposes the scale of the migrant crisis and how Britain’s ineffective border controls have failed to stem illegal immigration.

David Wood, former head of immigration enforcement at the Home Office, said officials knew the scale of the problem from secret internal estimates which showed at least 150,000 foreign nationals enter the UK illegally each year and then disappear into the black economy.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politic.../?ICID=continue_without_subscribing_reg_first

I did check it. His figure for 2022 is the official, upgraded figure for people coming into the country. It takes no account of people leaving, which is about half a million.
It is a figure plucked out of the air as he wants us to believe that 1.2million have stayed.
We know this because he extrapolates this over 15 years.
It's also an exceptional figure as it's immediately post-covid. Why not use the more recent 2023 figures? I'll tell you why, it doesnt serve his purpose.
If you want to check, check it yourself, I'm not your research assistant. But most will believe what they want to, the believed a known liar in Johnson and they'll jump at Farridge's offerings just as readily.
Reminds me a lot of young Adolfs popularity at the time.
🤣

It is a figure plucked out of the air as he wants us to believe that 1.2million have stayed.

No its not.

I dont know if you saw my earlier post so i will re-post it -

Britain has up to 1.2 million illegal immigrants, a quarter of all those that have unlawfully entered Europe, an authoritative study has revealed.

The number of illegal immigrants in the UK has doubled in a decade with more than half having lived illegally in the UK for more than five years and a third more than ten years, according to the pan-European analysis by the respected Pew Research Centre.

Only Germany has a similar number of illegal immigrants with between one million and 1.2 million, which means that it and the UK account for half of all those who have unlawfully entered Europe.

The research - the first study of its kind in a decade to cover all 32 European nations - exposes the scale of the migrant crisis and how Britain’s ineffective border controls have failed to stem illegal immigration.

David Wood, former head of immigration enforcement at the Home Office, said officials knew the scale of the problem from secret internal estimates which showed at least 150,000 foreign nationals enter the UK illegally each year and then disappear into the black economy.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politic.../?ICID=continue_without_subscribing_reg_first

Government Admits Illegal Immigration Of At Least 135,000 Since 2017 But Number Likely Much Higher​

Analysis of the official statistics on irregular migrationshow that more than 135,000 people have been detected attempting to enter the UK illegally since 1 January 2018.

The total quadrupled – from just over 13,000 in 2018 to more than 52,000 in 2022.

Just under 60% of total attempts were by boat, about a quarter by those hidden in lorries or containers and 15% by those arriving irregularly by air without documentation.

The figures go a long way to explaining the chaotic state of our asylum system, as over 90% of those who enter by boat and lorry then go on to claim asylum. In the year ending September 2022 (1 Oct 2021 to 31 August 2022), 90% (31,891 of 35,345 arrivals) claimed asylum or were recorded as a dependant on an asylum application.

This asylum chaos, and rampant fraud by those abusing the system, is costing innocent, young British lives as our Chairman explains here.

It should be noted that these figures represent just the tip of the iceberg. That is because tens (or even hundreds) of thousands of people overstay their visas each year – which is another form of immigration abuse (see our papers hereand here). Indeed, the Home Office just disclosed that more than 20,500 people of Indian nationality overstayed their visa in 2020 alone.

Meanwhile, the latest estimates by Pew Research suggest the number of illegals in the UK could be as high as 1.2 million (the largest illegal immigrant population in Europe). Meanwhile the government refuses to make an estimate of the number, knowing that the truth would shame them into oblivion.

https://www.migrationwatchuk.org/ne...gration-of-at-least-135000-since-january-2018

Last edited:

Government Admits Illegal Immigration Of At Least 135,000 Since 2017 But Number Likely Much Higher​

Analysis of the official statistics on irregular migrationshow that more than 135,000 people have been detected attempting to enter the UK illegally since 1 January 2018.

The total quadrupled – from just over 13,000 in 2018 to more than 52,000 in 2022.

Just under 60% of total attempts were by boat, about a quarter by those hidden in lorries or containers and 15% by those arriving irregularly by air without documentation.

The figures go a long way to explaining the chaotic state of our asylum system, as over 90% of those who enter by boat and lorry then go on to claim asylum. In the year ending September 2022 (1 Oct 2021 to 31 August 2022), 90% (31,891 of 35,345 arrivals) claimed asylum or were recorded as a dependant on an asylum application.

This asylum chaos, and rampant fraud by those abusing the system, is costing innocent, young British lives as our Chairman explains here.

It should be noted that these figures represent just the tip of the iceberg. That is because tens (or even hundreds) of thousands of people overstay their visas each year – which is another form of immigration abuse (see our papers hereand here). Indeed, the Home Office just disclosed that more than 20,500 people of Indian nationality overstayed their visa in 2020 alone.

Meanwhile, the latest estimates by Pew Research suggest the number of illegals in the UK could be as high as 1.2 million (the largest illegal immigrant population in Europe). Meanwhile the government refuses to make an estimate of the number, knowing that the truth would shame them into oblivion.

https://www.migrationwatchuk.org/ne...gration-of-at-least-135000-since-january-2018
I don't get it. We're an island and we've taken control of our borders, we're not part of Shengen so why don't we know how many immigrants, illegal or otherwise have come into our country? Why are people allowed to overstay their visas? Don't they have addresses and bank accounts? Sure, there may be a few sneaking in on rocket-propelled coracles or James Bond jet packs, but what is the Home Office doing? Why are they so rubbish?
I'll tell you why. It gives us a scapegoat. Let's not control and police immigration, let's pin all our ills on them instead. It worked a treat for Joseph Goebbels and it's working beautifully today, too.
Bottom line: if someone arrives "irregularly", process them appropriately, and compassionately if they're fleeing a horror somewhere; if someone's been granted a visa then they're welcome; if someone overstays their visa without submitting an application for an extension then fine and deport them. What's the problem. Fairness seen by all to be fair.

Oh. If we did that then we'd have to find someone else to blame. Who's next on the list? Where are the Replacement Theorists when we need them?

Last edited:
Back