Geordie Lager kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

Jonathan1321

Reaction score
I have just given up on this kit, was hoping you guys may be able to help

Pitched with a 1.2kg bag of brew enhancer LME.
I forgot to take the OG
The FG was supposed to be 1005

It got too 1020 but would not drop after 3 weeks so I pitched some yeast enhancer and left half week no change, so I pitched a two tsp of yeast and it dropped too 1010 after another 2 weeks.

Temps were always ideal at about 22 degrees never dropped below 18 but average was 22 every time I checked.

Taste test failed it was discustingly sweet & did not represent a flat lager at all so I have binned the batch unfortunately.
What could have caused this?

Reaction score
I have just given up on this kit, was hoping you guys may be able to help

Pitched with a 1.2kg bag of brew enhancer LME.
I forgot to take the OG
The FG was supposed to be 1005

It got too 1020 but would not drop after 3 weeks so I pitched some yeast enhancer and left half week no change, so I pitched a two tsp of yeast and it dropped too 1010 after another 2 weeks.

Temps were always ideal at about 22 degrees never dropped below 18 but average was 22 every time I checked.

Taste test failed it was discustingly sweet & did not represent a flat lager at all so I have binned the batch unfortunately.
What could have caused this?
I brewed this kit last year, left it in the keg out in the garage and genuinely forgot about it over the winter. It was excellent once chilled on the fridge.
I hate to say it, but you may have been a little hasty in discarding it. In my opinion, nothing normally tastes great out of the fermenter (except maybe stouts), and carbonation and chilling will, I would have thought, massively change your perception of it.