Geordie's Stuff at Wilkos cheap

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just came to post the same - picked up a Yorkshire Bitter and brew enhancer for £12 - bargain.
Can't wait to try it - hope to get the brew on this weekend.

Any recommendations from the range?

Last edited:
Geordie kits are only 1.5kg. So my suggestion is brew short say 20 litres or less, and don't use lots of sugar instead of malt or your beer will turn out on the thin side.
And if you have some steeping grain like crystal malt use that, and also think about a dry hop. CML will sell you hops off tinterweb at good prices, and their stuff comes recommended.
Geordie kit reviews here
Beer Kit Review A - Z

Bought 2 exports and 2 Yorkie bitters with the plan to double up the 2 cans of both to 23 litres each with no other fermentables which works out at a very reasonable 45P a pint

I remember buying a couple of kits in a sale a while ago so it's nothing new maybe they are getting rid of old stock.

Hmm. So wilko reducing a lot of stuff at the moment. Should we be worried?
If you are a kit brewer happy with the fairly limited range that Wilko sell, with the occasional sale to save you a couple of ££s, or someone who wants quick replacement hydrometer or the like, perhaps. My local Wilko is a huge store covering two floors and home brewing covers about 3 metres of shelf space at most, so I imagine replacing that with something else will not be a big deal as far as Wilko is concerned.
So continue to buy stuff from Wilko if it suits you, but better support your LHBS if you have one where you should get get a much bigger choice of stuff for generally the same price, or if you don't (like me) and want a much better choice at a saving organise yourself and buy online aiming for no postage charges.

Latest posts

Back