Get 'er Brewed Bohemian Pilsner kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bizarre as it may seem, their naff instructions led me to read up more on the why of the mash stages and pitching amounts

Yes I understand where you are coming from.

Ive added as much data as I can find/guess from the website to brewfather.

The website lists the grains and hops but not specific percentages etc. so Ive had to guess some what.

I just think if you buy something with "full instructions included" they should be a bit more detailed then what is currently being supplied.

I do hope they are able to do this as I think it will make their products/service really great.

buddsy

Hi, Thankyou all for your valuable comments and feedback. Please know we are actioning the upgrade of our instructions, you will see we launched the Crisp Recipes with new one page documents that are on each individual recipe. The impact of covid caused unprecedented demand on our team and not all the kits have had the upgraded instructions complete. We have asked our staff to include the mash temperatures on the grain bags, the hop addition times to the hop packets and the fermentation temperature on the yeast packet. My understanding is the basic instructions we have should be included in each order and i will action a team meeting tomorrow to raise this as a point we need to improve on. I apologise if you haven't received the customer service we would want you to receive, please email or pm me your order number and contact details and i'll call you to get this resolved asap. Thanks so much for your understanding Jonathan
[email protected]

Sorry for hijacking this thread - I really should have started another!

Having spoken to Jonathan last night, my instruction issues with the GEB American Brown Ale part-extract kit have been resolved; I'm ready to brew! :D

As Jonathan said in his reply above, GEB will be addressing this issue for all their kits. Now, I've high hopes for this beer and nothing but praise for GEB's service.

(And my refund got done too!)

L

Great news all round

Im sure a little bit of work will really help people out and make your products even better.

Having the instructions that come with the kit and the ones online different has been confusing & quite different and its hard to know which one to use.

I wouldnt mind if you just had a decent set online only that you could download and print would be fine for me.

buddsy

Hi, Thankyou all for your valuable comments and feedback. Please know we are actioning the upgrade of our instructions, you will see we launched the Crisp Recipes with new one page documents that are on each individual recipe. The impact of covid caused unprecedented demand on our team and not all the kits have had the upgraded instructions complete. We have asked our staff to include the mash temperatures on the grain bags, the hop addition times to the hop packets and the fermentation temperature on the yeast packet. My understanding is the basic instructions we have should be included in each order and i will action a team meeting tomorrow to raise this as a point we need to improve on. I apologise if you haven't received the customer service we would want you to receive, please email or pm me your order number and contact details and i'll call you to get this resolved asap. Thanks so much for your understanding Jonathan
[email protected]
Hi Jonathan,

When you get this in place would it be possible to add the breakdown of the grain bill consistently across all kits? It would massively help newbies like me.

Cheers and keep up the great work !!

Chris

I hadnt really looked at the Crisp Kits I didnt realise these were your own kits.

I will aim to make one of these soon.

Thanks

@DocAnna How did your Pilsner work out?

I have mine fermenting at the moment @10deg. Seems to be fermenting fairly strong at the moment. Im following the advice on the link you supplied to brulosophy. So waiting to reach 50% attenuation before increasing the temp as described.

Cheers

buddsy

@DocAnna How did your Pilsner work out?

I have mine fermenting at the moment @10deg. Seems to be fermenting fairly strong at the moment. Im following the advice on the link you supplied to brulosophy. So waiting to reach 50% attenuation before increasing the temp as described.

Cheers

buddsy
It's cold conditioning at the moment and I haven't opened any, but I might just try it tonight and I'll let you know :smallcheers:.

Anna

It's cold conditioning at the moment and I haven't opened any, but I might just try it tonight and I'll let you know :smallcheers:.

Anna
A bit of an update. This was warm conditioned for a couple of weeks then started to cold condition but the carbonation was disappointing and it had a bit of sweetness that wasn't great so it would seem it hadn't fermented out the priming sugar. So it's had another week and a half at garage temperature -about 10 deg and the carbonation and clarity are ok but it still has an edge of sweetness which isn't to my taste. I like my lager/pilsner crisp and sharp. So while this was opened tonight I'm going to leave it at least another couple of weeks at the ambient garage temp before trying again. The Saaz hops are quite prominent which I'm not totally sure about. Overall I think this has promise but needs a lot longer conditioning.

IMG_0150.jpeg

Anna

Thanks for your update although slightly disappointing.

What was your FG? The kit instructions says 1.013 to 1.017 ideally 1.016

Mine finished at 1.012

Mine is now @ 18 Deg C for a 2 day diacetyl rest before I ramp down for a cold crash.

Both my brews have finished lower than the instructions have asked for? Is there a way to control this? Ive always thought making sure fermentation was done was a good thing but maybe Im misunderstanding...as usual!

buddsy

@buddsy I can't actually remember what they finished at (the pilsner and the light lager) I know I forgot with one of them to measure the FG till after adding the priming sugar which I felt a bit of a numpty for! Finishing lower would generally be a good thing if you are looking for a dryer taste, at least in my view, though can also reflect the temperature of the mash with some grains. I'm not disappointed yet as I'd always thought it might take a while to prime as it was very clear when I bottled it. I'd planned to add back some reserved yeast or some of the yeast cake into the priming bucket but my reading suggested I didn't need to. Now I'm thinking it might have primed a bit quicker if I had done. I'm planning on trying a really back to basics lager with the pilsner malt from Craftymaltsters and use the yeast from the bohemian pilsner which I've rinsed and reserved.

Anna

Latest posts

Back