Geterbrewed milky coffee stout

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I ordered this as an ingredient pack from geterbrewed. The ingredients were listed as follows.

OG: 1.058
FG: 1.020
IBU: 23
ABV: Approx 5.1%
Volume: 23 L

• 5kg Weyermann Pale Malt
• 650g of Bairds Chocolate Malt
• 350g of Weyermann CaraWheat Malt
• 150g of Black (Patent) Malt
• 450g of Copper Tun Lactose
• 18g Pacific Jade Hop Pellets
• 0.3g of Copperfloc or 1 tsp of Irish Moss
• 2 packets of Mangrove Jack's M03 New Castle Dark Ale Yeast
• 1 large plunger of coffee of your choice. Place 10 heaped Tbsp of plunger ground coffee filled with cold water and leave it overnight to infuse. Do this after 1 week of fermentation.

All thethe grain came mixed together and the hops came in a tea bag.

I was using new equipment today and so it is unsurprising that I over sparged. I ended up with 28l at 1058.So I was either very efficient or a little more grain was put in the kit than listed.

The yeast was not mo3 as listed rather M15. Nice to have two packs.

I've looked at other recipes for coffee stout that have added the coffee directly to primary after a week rather than into a secondary. This would certainly be more convenient, is there any reason I shouldn't do this?

All tucked up in the fridge now at 19 degrees.

I really enjoyed this brew day, taking my time over the sparge, ending up with very clear wort. I loved having the hops in the tea bag it made clearing up so much easier.

Cheers

Martin

Thanks Dweb,

The festival was a blast! 18 different beers - all brewed by members of the group.

There were a number of kind comments about my beer - some from professional brewers. CAMRA have tasted and scored the beers+ all the punters rated the beers. There will be a score reveal at our next meeting - I think there is only the one person in the club who knows the scores at present.

It was a great way to promote home brewing, and as a club we made contact with lots of people who are intersted in giving it a go.

..we are already thinking about next year.

Cheers

Martin

Latest posts

Back