Geterbrewed?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alex.mc

Regular.
Reaction score
I placed an order now more than 2 weeks ago, and it's gone pear shaped, which I guess is not unexpected in the current climate.
There are 2 issues, the first is Parcel-force who are a complete shower to be polite about it.... the second unfortunately is GEB.
There communications have been sporadic, and unfortunately have been along the lines of "Sorry, but can't do anything... sorry again"
Eventually one parcel out of two turned up, and was damaged. It was a 25kg bag of Malt that was holed. There was a slight trail of Malt from my front door up to where the van was parked, and my CCTV caught footage of the driver coming up the path, throwing the bag on the doorstep and running off!
After a few days I made what I thought was a very generous offer to pay in full for the malt including its postage, and asked for the other parcel to be refunded. It was very likely that the other parcel would be not just damaged but hammered to hell by then.
I heard nothing back. Checked my account today, no refund of any sort. No communications from them at all. They had responded promptly to all emails before the request for partial refund.

Frankly I'm a bit annoyed, but I'm also a bit sad too, as I have always considered them a decent, efficient company.
Many companies have seen a huge upsurge in business, which is good of course, but like Parceforce, maybe some have overeached themselves?

had issues with parcel force and a package from geterbrewed and i have to say they dealt with it very fast and got it sorted, basically parcel force kept saying that they couldn't access my work premises to deliver but they never even tried they are a nightmare, gerwerbrewed are likely under massive pressure with all the home brewing going on. hope you get sorted

I'd wager the problem is Parcelforce. I really wish they'd switch to DPD even if it costs a quid extra.

i put an order in last Friday, arrived Wednesday intact and complete. The only fly in the ointment was the guy from parcelforce who dropped it off in my drive, asked me what it was, then went off on a massive rant when I told him.
We‘ve got a lot of religious extremism round my parts, and I suspect from his comments he was one of them. Arsehole. I’m torn between putting in another order and hoping he picks it up or complaining to parcelforce.

i put an order in last Friday, arrived Wednesday intact and complete. The only fly in the ointment was the guy from parcelforce who dropped it off in my drive, asked me what it was, then went off on a massive rant when I told him.
We‘ve got a lot of religious extremism round my parts, and I suspect from his comments he was one of them. Arsehole. I’m torn between putting in another order and hoping he picks it up or complaining to parcelforce.

Ha, what did he say? I'd do both, that's not on.

Total rant about what constitutes an essential, and how he had to come out delivering stuff that in his opinion were not. It was clear the he thought he should be able to stay at home out of harms way like I was.
I tried to point out that I was under effective house arrest this week because next week I need to be virus free and able to manage ventilated patients in our local DGH. Therefore, this delivery was clearly essential to me. I needed to have something to do to keep me occupied while I wait and something to drink when it’s all over.
He also was ambivalent about the point that he could still do his job when thousands are losing theirs. Bellend.
Back to the original point GRB have worked well in this this instance for me. They never answer the phone and don’t have a trade counter, but on the couple of occasions that theres been queries on an order theyve been very quick to get in touch and sort out.

Total rant about what constitutes an essential, and how he had to come out delivering stuff that in his opinion were not. It was clear the he thought he should be able to stay at home out of harms way like I was.
I tried to point out that I was under effective house arrest this week because next week I need to be virus free and able to manage ventilated patients in our local DGH. Therefore, this delivery was clearly essential to me. I needed to have something to do to keep me occupied while I wait and something to drink when it’s all over.
He also was ambivalent about the point that he could still do his job when thousands are losing theirs. Bellend.
Back to the original point GRB have worked well in this this instance for me. They never answer the phone and don’t have a trade counter, but on the couple of occasions that theres been queries on an order theyve been very quick to get in touch and sort out.
e mail them about the royal mail issue, im sure its a big enough account they have and the more people tell them about their issues the quicker they might change couriers, when i had the issues a girl from get er brewed e mailed the account manager in parcelforce and cc`d me on the mails and reply's untill resolved

I think that was a big part of it Clint. Living in Northern Ireland has some very low downsides if you don’t think like an extremist. Will email GEB at some point. Biggest issue this week was sitting in the hospital last night from 7pm to 9pm for a mask fit test that in the end didn’t happen. On the up side, got to get out of the house for once, hang out with a couple of the juniors for a bit, and now I can’t be called up over the weekend because I don’t have a mask. Last home brew binge ‘til the next one :beer1:

Off licenses are allowed to stay open so I think home brew shops can continue to sell by mail order.

I think I’d have been close to educating him with my fist... complete throbber. How dare he be expected to do his job that he’s paid for in today’s climate :confused.:

Well that's passing the problem on...if I had a smashed up delivery I'd refuse it.
Had it once with a fishing rod...it was in a tube but had been stood on...driver tried to deliver next door without knocking at mine but I caught him out,he tried to tell me it was fine...I sent him packing.

My issue is the slight allusion to "its shipped, its no longer our problem" vibe I was getting from the emails, followed by the silence when I raised the issue of any from of mitigation. As Clint has pointed out, my contract is with GEB, not Parcel force. Its distance selling and the rules are very clear.
Looking at the thread it seems that not many people have had any difficulties with them, so that does actually bode well.
Hopefully Monday will see some positive response. Currently I'll look at it as everyone having an "off" day every now and again, and hope for the best.
AS for Parcel force, well........ complete shower!

I hate Parcelforce and if it wasn’t for the fact that GEB are significantly cheaper for grain than anywhere else I would switch supplier.

They refuse to leave anything in my “safe place” (which I get GEB to write on the box etc) despite every other courier in the area being ok with doing that, and they always take my order back to depot because it’s too big to leave at the local post office. The main problem there is that the nearest depot is 25 miles away (I live about 5 miles east of Dundee City Centre and the depot is in the other side of Perth).

They don’t give you a time slot either and the online parcel tracking is incredibly unreliable - has been known to show them in Perth at 10:00 then at my door at 10:05 (so 5 mins for a 45min journey)

I only order stuff when I have a week’s annual leave from work.

Back