Geterbrewed?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered from GEB 25th March, they had a notice on their site saying orders would be sent out up to 5 days after ordering due to current situation. 5 days later I get an email saying they have shipped my parcel with Parcelforce 48 (I think they use that for everything). Still waiting on PF to deliver my package. I checked on its progress last night and it got changed to 'held' which probably means they tried to deliver but no one was in to receive it.

I always get my GEB packages delivered to my wife's farm as there's someone always there to receive parcels. I have had them not even try to deliver parcels and mark it as held which is what I think has happened this time.

Had an issue with my last order from them (a bag of hops missing), but given the amount of orders they are getting, and the likelihood of them having staff off, I just chalked it up to bad luck.

Although I won't be ordering again for some time, they did say that they would put it in with my next order tbf.

My last order had a split (badly sealed) bag of pilsner malt. I contacted them to tell them (saying I only lost about 1kg) and they sent out a brand new 5kg bag the next day!

We‘ve got a lot of religious extremism round my parts, and I suspect from his comments he was one of them. Arsehole. I’m torn between putting in another order and hoping he picks it up or complaining to parcelforce.

I would leave it and hope he doesn't deliver to you again god only knows what he could do to your parcel.

Interesting how these delivery companies work. If I order from Malt Miller it's shipped by DPD and I get it delivered by La Poste in two to three days. If i order from The Homebrew Co, it's shipped by DPD, goes a circuitous route via the Netherlands, but I usually get it after about a week in a DPD van (the first time, the idle driver delivered it some 25 km away and signed for it. the bar steward. In fairness, DPD made him come to out house to apologise). If I order from Geterbrewed, it's dipatched by Parcel Force and gets here in 3 to 4 days. I don't know who BrewUk use, but they take a while to dispatch and then it turns up on the post van.

I had message yesterday from PF saying with the delivery driver. 24 hours later I reckon he's fallen asleep.

I’m in a similar situation. I ordered from GEB last weekend. It was picked up by PF yesterday. Nothing on the PF tracking link as of yet.
I ordered a steam condenser from Germany recently and DHL delivered it within 4 days.

I ordered on 24/3/20, it was dispatched on 27th and arrived on 29th. Pretty good service in these straitened times, I thought...!!

Hi Guys

Thanks so much for your orders at the minute we really appreciate it

We have had unprecedented volumes of orders coming in and we are working night and day to get as many orders out as we can. We have staff off and staff working from home and we have implemented new work stations to ensure compliance with social distancing so its a challenging time but we are trying our best.

The Geterbrewed Team have been out standing in their efforts, I sincerely apologise for any minor mistakes made by human error but they should be a rare occurence. We are currently shipping at a dispatch delay of between 5 to 7 days but are making progress!!

We have listened to comments about parcelforce and passed this on, given the volume of parcels we ship with them it has been raised right up to Director level and I have been assured it's being reviewed, we have been in talks with another courier about moving some of our business to them also so your valued feedback is being actioned

Thanks so so much for your support in these challenging times, we wish you, your friends and family a safe journey through this episode

Take care

The GEB Team

I placed an order now more than 2 weeks ago, and it's gone pear shaped, which I guess is not unexpected in the current climate.
There are 2 issues, the first is Parcel-force who are a complete shower to be polite about it.... the second unfortunately is GEB.
There communications have been sporadic, and unfortunately have been along the lines of "Sorry, but can't do anything... sorry again"
Eventually one parcel out of two turned up, and was damaged. It was a 25kg bag of Malt that was holed. There was a slight trail of Malt from my front door up to where the van was parked, and my CCTV caught footage of the driver coming up the path, throwing the bag on the doorstep and running off!
After a few days I made what I thought was a very generous offer to pay in full for the malt including its postage, and asked for the other parcel to be refunded. It was very likely that the other parcel would be not just damaged but hammered to hell by then.
I heard nothing back. Checked my account today, no refund of any sort. No communications from them at all. They had responded promptly to all emails before the request for partial refund.

Frankly I'm a bit annoyed, but I'm also a bit sad too, as I have always considered them a decent, efficient company.
Many companies have seen a huge upsurge in business, which is good of course, but like Parceforce, maybe some have overeached themselves?

Whilst Deborah went through emails late last night she issued a full refund for this at about half ten, it was issues with the courier which is beyond our control but because of the issues she issued a full refund, the delay in replies is simply due to priority being given to packing as many orders as we can each day to deal with demand, I apologise you didn't a reply quick enough but we are trying our upmost in what is the most challenging period operating since we opened 7 years ago. Please don't let this deter you from using us again in the future.

Thanks for the reply guys, i ordered last monday and its on its way, i call that good in these trying times, this is the first time i have used your services will i be back yeah cheers, take care and stay safe :beer1:athumb..

I will ask on here as I assume that you will read it when you have time, rather than adding another email to the mountain you are probably working through.
I see you have the larger FermZilla All Rounder just added to the site, Do you also have the 30L ones ready to be added when you have timebut if not an expected date and price? Also do you expect to stock the Fermentasaurus upgrade kits and if so have any timeline for them (subject to things calming down a bit)?

My order arrived today, a week after it should have. Obviously this is Parcelforce's fault here. Geb have sent me a wrong yeast sachet but will email them about this.

Whilst Deborah went through emails late last night she issued a full refund for this at about half ten, it was issues with the courier which is beyond our control but because of the issues she issued a full refund, the delay in replies is simply due to priority being given to packing as many orders as we can each day to deal with demand, I apologise you didn't a reply quick enough but we are trying our upmost in what is the most challenging period operating since we opened 7 years ago. Please don't let this deter you from using us again in the future.

Ok, I have just checked(I don't check my bank account daily, that's way too depressing!) and the refund arrived yesterday.
Thank you for responding in the proper, decent manner. I appreciate that. I also appreciate you coming in here and sorting it out. Thank you.

Hi guys

Firstly thanks for getting my order to me in little over a week; not bad given the circumstances.

Unfortunately part of my order arrived damaged; the 50 capacity bottle tree- have emailed you regarding this and attached a pic.

All the best

Back