Geterbrewed?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought an all grain recipe kit from them a while back and one of the ingredients was not per the recipe. They emailed me to tell me of their mistake (mix up in the warehouse somewhere) and sent me an entirely new shipment with all the correct ingredients even though it was a minor error on one bag out of 7. They also apologised for their screw-up. I’m happy and I’ve used them again, many times.

About 6 months ago I ordered a whole lot of different coloured caps. They missed sending the silver so I contacted them. They sent them quickly plus 2 packets of hops. Good service that.

It seems that I am the one that fell through the crack, and very few others have. So I'm glad that problems appear to be minimal.

Parcel force on the other hand...........
I did do some searching on current problems with them on Twitter, and it seems they're screwing up all over the place! One report said they had been watching the tracking(whilst it happened to be working) and saw the driver approach, pull up in their road, drive off and then they got a message saying that the driver had attempted to deliver and no one was in!
I'm wondering if we need some new regulations for couriers and carriers in the UK that ensures that they deliver correctly and properly, and are liable to pay senders insurance in much shorter timescales? It must be very frustrating to have you courier continually mess stuff up for you.

Placed an order on Wed 1st April. GEB completed the order on Tues 7th (5 workding days) and I received delivery via Parcelforce today (within 48 hours) with all items present and intact.

Just in time for an Easter weekend brew of a Greg Hughes Saison, can't wait.

Have to say their packaging is brilliant. I normally order of the HBC but got my first order of geterbrew. I like the hops being resealable and the gain is well packed. Only downside the grain, it's not got as good a range as some other suppliers but I will order again. The hop price for sabro and cashmere are brilliant

Only downside the grain, it's not got as good a range as some other suppliers
They used to, but they’ve become more and more aligned with Crisp malting that they are selling fewer and fewer other maltsters (I think Weyermann is the only other one they stock at the moment, for base malts at least). If it helps them keep their prices down (Clear Choice is about 2/3 the price of what MM sell the same malt for) then I’m not complaining too much and I’ve never failed to find the grain I was looking for.

Last edited:
Anyone know what the current wait is? I know they were packaging up orders from the 5th on Friday and I ordered on the 7th but still sitting as “Processed” on the website.

Im not trying to rush them along but had been secretly hoping for a brew day this weekend.

Got my order today took a bit longer than usual but Easter weekend. All the suppliers are extra busy so mind waiting. Great supplier still will continue to use them.

Daz

Ordered 3 custom AGs and water treatment stuff last Sunday. Hoping it'll get here by next week.

I ordered on the 7th and it was dispatched yesterday. Still hoping for a brew this weekend

I've had no issues with Get'er Brewed, slight delay recently which is to be expected. I'm also lucky as the Parcelforce driver who delivers here is a sound bloke, knows exactly what he's delivering and if I'm not about will put the delivery in my bbq in the back garden.

Made an order a couple of weeks ago and it arrived within good time, even considering the circumstances. Unfortunately there was an item missing. A quick email and phone call and the item was dispatched same day and received this lunch time.
Amazing service. Very quick and professional, especially considering the pressure they're under. I'm particularly impressed that their malt prices are pro rata the cost of a full sack, this allows a much better mix and match of grains in a full load of 27 Kg.
Geterbrewed are quickly becoming my preferred supplier.

I got my last order in quick time too. Delivered by DPD this time. Selfishly I hope they go back to parcel force when this virus situation is all over as their driver in our area is very good.

I got my last order in quick time too. Delivered by DPD this time. Selfishly I hope they go back to parcel force when this virus situation is all over as their driver in our area is very good.
Opposite here. Parcelfarce are useless whereas DPD are actually capable of following instructions rather than taking the package back to depot 30 miles away.

Latest posts

Back