Getting Berry Confused..

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

johncrobinson

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hedgerow dont forget about the steam extraction With all this berry buisness
I really want to know what you are doing of with it.

hedgerowpete

Regular.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He died in 2002 so his books are still in copyright. It's 70 years isn't it?
To be honest, I am a great big coward and shy away from any thing legal beagle i run away. all you need is an idiot with a layer and your all poop street, the forum as well as me.

I might just call it begingers tea wine rather than mention Berry

Wynott

Reaction score
After all before Worzle there was TEA wines from Berry,
I made an Earl Grey back in the summer, it was quite sweet. I think now I am gaining a little more knowledge I will try it again. I've got a Yunnan tea on the go, but not tasted yet.

Wynott

Reaction score
bouquet is the next one, most beginners wines are bland bland bland.
try this, after the final ferment, and racking add four fancy tea teabags, lady grey is a touch strong
Hi HP, I'm getting more used to the hydrometer now, but I think some of my wines tend to be a little bland, though it does vary. I notice that CJJB rarely mentions tannin (in my copy) so I may try putting some Lady Grey bags in as you suggest, when ferment has finished. How long should they be in there? I sometimes rack before fermenting has finished if the sediment is heavy, so am thinking of adding between 1st and 2nd rackings.

johncrobinson

Landlord.
Reaction score
Without tannin wine tastes flat,Too much and its harsh.

With delacate wines a problem is also a lot of the aromatics "blow off" though the airlock during fermentation.

Group Builder