Getting labels for your home brew.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bisonhead

Reaction score
Hi,
Was wondering if there was software or maybe a company that will print beer bottle labels for your home-brew.

Just fancied making the brew a bit more personal and professional looking.

Thanks in advance
BH

I've not looked but do my own on a colour laser printer. I cut them out by hand because I like to do weird label shapes. you can stick them on with milk. Or I use a dymo label printer. ( not as good)
Yeah that was my wife's idea, just knock something up on the computer and print it out. Was thinking of using gum arabic to stick them on

I have an an HP colour laser jet mfp m283 which I use to print my labels onto adhesive paper. It’s brilliant.

This Labelizer is superb. Used many times, very easy to use. Might not have ability to design from scratch, but for people without design skills (like me) it is perfect
Did you pay the 1 off fee to use the service?

Doesn't really answer your design question but I designed mine, I got them printed at design mule. They are not cheap but they are dishwasher safe vinyl and will last as long as the bottle. I just use different coloured caps for the different brews. Good luck.

What printer is that? Happy with it?
A dell 1320C with network connectivity.

Its ancient, I got it on some sort of disposal offer about 10 years ago.

I have always used 3rd party toner, or its not affordable
Its a bit of a faff hunting down the windows 10 drivers for it
Its not inkjet bright, but been good enough for kids homework
I went laser when I got fed up with inkjets getting blocked when they weren't used for a couple of weeks.

It does ocasionally have problems with sheet feed - usually when one of the kids has grabbed the paper in a hurry - or printed using manual feed & got stroppy because they didn't feed paper in straight. (Once took me ages to work out that they had pulled one of the sensor things through 90' and stopped the printer working - was on the point of buying a new one)

You can still pick then up on ebay, but I wouldn't pay more than £25 for one.

Doesn't really answer your design question but I designed mine, I got them printed at design mule. They are not cheap but they are dishwasher safe vinyl and will last as long as the bottle. I just use different coloured caps for the different brews. Good luck.

Got a picture?

I design mine on Photoshop, but you can get 'Gimp' for free and it does everything you'd need. It's not rocket science to use but it does take a bit of practice and watching of tutorials to get to know how it works. I could do a basic label in under 5 minutes (usually consists of nicking a picture from Google images and resizing, additional text and copy and paste it). Then I save as PDF, get it printed on doxdirect.com (the cost of 40 labels is usually about £1-£2 then it's £2.99 for postage) and stick them on with watered down PVA or milk. The printing quality is very professional and obviously the more you buy the cheaper it is per item because of the postage, so if you print multiple batches at once you can probably get it to a couple of pence per label.

I only do this at Christmas these days because I keg otherwise, but here's a couple I did this year:
received_1201098763619524.jpeg

I fit 9 of that size label on A4 but you could easily fit 12 or 15 and it would still look pretty good.

Latest posts

Back