GH Dunkelweizen recipe - which "Munich" Malt?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I took GH's recipe and twisted it adding pumpkin to the mash and pumpkin pie spices to the boil. I'm cracking open a bottle next weekend to see what like when carbed up, but it tasted pretty darn good when I bottled it. Lots of nice cloves and peppery notes, with subtle pumpkin and spice behind it. Hopefully better with a bit of bubbles in it!

I did a pimped pumpkin a few years ago..I used a bitter kit as a base,malt extract and a load of sugar and spiced roasted pumpkin. It was made around October time and put in a pb til Christmas.

Can the learned people tell me if there's a quality and taste difference between German and British Munich malt, e.g Weyermann's and Crisp.

Sorry to bring up an old thread but also looking to add a Dunkelweizen to my schedule and was looking at the GH recipe. GEB seems a sensible place for me to get my malts at present, but they don't stock Special B.

Is it essential to the recipe or can i sub it for something else?

Sorry to bring up an old thread but also looking to add a Dunkelweizen to my schedule and was looking at the GH recipe. GEB seems a sensible place for me to get my malts at present, but they don't stock Special B.

Is it essential to the recipe or can i sub it for something else?
For what it's worth, I'm still drinking my first batch of the GH Dunkelweizen and it's an excellent thing to brew.
I got my malts for it from TheMaltMiller - and I have quite a bit of the Special B left over, that I'm unlikely to use for anything else so you're welcome to it (free, obvs). Will PM you ...

Latest posts

Back