Giveaway Inkbird temperature controller!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi there,

I'm very happy with the Temperature Controllers I've got but I am down to a single probe with my BBQ Temperature Monitor. I find the BBQ Temperature Monitor to be an essential piece of kit to:
  • Monitor and Alarm when the Strike and Sparge Water are up to temperature.
  • Monitor the Mash Temperature as the Mash is in progress.
  • Monitor the Boiler to give me an Alarm when the temperature reaches 90ºC and I know it's time to stir in the froth.
  • Monitor the Wort temperature when it is being cooled.
That's just for Brewing. I also use it to monitor the temperature of:
  • The Smoker.
  • Meat and fish that are being Smoked..
  • Meat being cooked in the oven in the kitchen.
A versatile bit of kit that releases me to do other things in the knowledge that when the temperature goes outside of the pre-set limits I will gat an audible Alarm on my phone.

If a Temperature Monitor happens to fall into the "give-away" it would be much appreciated: even if I didn't win it.

I'm not participating as I was lucky enough to win one last time. Just wanted to say what a fantastic bit of kit they are. Over the moon with my one.

Hello friends,

This time we would like to giveaway the following products, but please note that they are all second-hand.

If you are interested, please reply this thread.;)

We will pick the winners on 20th, Mar. 2018

ITC-308 temperature controller for heater & cooler (2 winners)
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B018K82UQU/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

ITC-306 temperature controller for dual heater (1 winner)
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B018K2DKYW/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

ITC-1000 220V temperature controller (1 winner)
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00IJ0F2OW/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

In addition, because our warehouse make a mistake, product ITC-100RL+PT100 are mislabeled. The item may be ITC-100VL/ ITC-100RL, but labels are all ITC-100RL. If anyone is familiar with electronic & interested, we can send it free. Please also reply this thread.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00ADEGW3C/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Difference between ITC-100RL & ITC-100VL:
ITC-100RL AC/DC 12-24V One Relay Output + One Relay Alarm Output
Power Supply Voltage: AC/DC 12-24V ±10% 50/60Hz
Main Output:Relay Contact Output (ITC-100R): AC250V 3A (Resistive load) ON/NC.
Alarm 1 AC250V 3A (Resistive load) ON/NC.

ITC-100VL AC/DC 12V-24V One SSR Output + One Relay Alarm Output (this one need to connect SSR)
Power Supply Voltage: AC/DC 12V-24V±10% 50/60Hz
Main Output: Voltage Pulses Output (ITC-100V): DC 12V, 30mA;
Alarm 1 AC250V 3A (Resistive load) ON/NC

Cheers.:cheers3:
I would be very pleased to receive anything?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there,

I'm very happy with the Temperature Controllers I've got but I am down to a single probe with my BBQ Temperature Monitor. I find the BBQ Temperature Monitor to be an essential piece of kit to:
  • Monitor and Alarm when the Strike and Sparge Water are up to temperature.
  • Monitor the Mash Temperature as the Mash is in progress.
  • Monitor the Boiler to give me an Alarm when the temperature reaches 90ºC and I know it's time to stir in the froth.
  • Monitor the Wort temperature when it is being cooled.
That's just for Brewing. I also use it to monitor the temperature of:
  • The Smoker.
  • Meat and fish that are being Smoked..
  • Meat being cooked in the oven in the kitchen.
A versatile bit of kit that releases me to do other things in the knowledge that when the temperature goes outside of the pre-set limits I will gat an audible Alarm on my phone.

If a Temperature Monitor happens to fall into the "give-away" it would be much appreciated: even if I didn't win it.

Thanks. Maybe we will giveaway one in next activity ;-)

Ah Shame not even one of the mislabled ones. Have to buy another one now for keg fridge

For the benefit of the lucky folks who have nabbed the ITC-100VL/RL, here's a quick way of finding out which one you receive.
IMG_20180320_144115.jpg

Pinch the two tabs and slide the cover off the entire unit.
pinch.PNG

Side-by-side you'll notice that the one on the left has an extra relay (circled). This is the ITC-100RL
relay.PNG

If you see two blue resistors like below, then you have the ITC-100VL which can be used with Solid State Relays (SSR), so just carry on with any of the numerous guides that are out there.
resistors.PNG

With the output of the ITC-100RL not being suitable for a Solid State Relay (SSR), I plan on using a contactor instead like this - https://www.screwfix.com/p/british-general-20a-dp-contactor/6654p
Contactors aren't really designed for constant fast-switching so not ideal for switching kettle elements, but they're cheap enough to replace every now and again if required.

All wiring is the same, apart from the output (terminals 6,7 & 8)
PID.PNG

Last edited:
Back