Glad I home brew

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It only affects the really cheap **** that not many people who brew their own (due to quality) would drink anyway. The good stuff is usually more expensive then that.

It only affects the really cheap **** that not many people who brew their own (due to quality) would drink anyway. The good stuff is usually more expensive then that.

Until the “premium” bands think “the cheap stuff isn’t much cheaper than ours now, we better bump up the prices!”

I hope that’s not the case but it wouldn’t surprise me!

My relentless emails from Brewdog (which will stop as soon as they send me my free book) have came up with this, 110ml bottles!!!! Rip off time
I know it’s 32 percent but it’s not my bag

86523B38-B2AD-48AE-BC27-B1328A9D1A9E.png

Rules differ in Scotland to England. My hope is that this stays in Scotland (or disappears) and never comes down to England. I think the issues surrounding alcohol are different in the two countries and Scotland has slightly harsher laws, for example under 21s can't drink at a bar in Scotland.

The level was proposed (it said on the telly box) at 50p in 2012(?). With 28 units in a bottle of scotch that would mean that cheap blended whisky would be affected even if the money wasn't adjusted for inflation since that date. With most beer being less than 3 units per bottle but more than £1.50 there should be no difference there. The kids who drink 3 litre bottles of strong cider will probably be hit the worst. Good.

Rules differ in Scotland to England. My hope is that this stays in Scotland (or disappears) and never comes down to England. I think the issues surrounding alcohol are different in the two countries and Scotland has slightly harsher laws, for example under 21s can't drink at a bar in Scotland.

That's not true.

It won't stop people binge drinking. I've seen people put food back in the supermarket because they don't have enough money for food and booze...

They stopped multibuy offers up here on alcohol in an effort to stop us from being encouraged to buy more as it's cheaper. All that happened was Asda sold bottles of wine for £3.33 a bottle in Scotland instead of us getting 3 for £10.

My mistake, I thought that was a law? Maybe it was just discussed but never made it into law.

Never heard of that one. Student Unions would die! We had the whole “Think 21” campaign for ID-ing folk king before it seemed to be a thing in England, perhaps that’s what you are thinking of?

They stopped multibuy offers up here on alcohol in an effort to stop us from being encouraged to buy more as it's cheaper. All that happened was Asda sold bottles of wine for �£3.33 a bottle in Scotland instead of us getting 3 for �£10.

at least you dont have to fork out more for a single bottle eg £5 a bottle or 3 for £10. aka buy 2 get third 'free'

Never heard of that one about under 21s, they certainly get I'd a lot but never seen any over 18 refused.

I personally think the bigger brands will increase prices to keep that air of quality. Like has been said should only really affect the cheap hooch

I make it that a 440ml can of Stella will be priced at £1.05 which is higher than any super market multipack, so it will be weird for the industry as it will wipe out all budget brands over night by equalising the price of all lagers. But as stated will have little of no impact on ale drinkers and maybe a positive impact on pubs as it will cost more to drink at home.

It won't stop people binge drinking. I've seen people put food back in the supermarket because they don't have enough money for food and booze...

This is what I though, if people do want a sesh or drink too much, making it more expensive isn't going to stop them or fix it..

Latest posts

Back