Glasgow CO2

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rento

Reaction score
Hi,

Who are folk using in Glasgow for CO2?

I’m setting up a kegerator for my brother. I use Lothian gas supplies in Livingston who are great, but looking for somewhere similar in Glasgow. I tried Sig who are hobby brew suppliers but they are crazy expensive! Ideally it would be a 3kg cylinder.

Thanks

R

I use Hobbyweld via my local place in Larbert, they have a few agents around Glasgow but have just looked and Sig is one of them, it’s generally the same price from agent to agent so not sure that helps if sig is too pricey. Premier Welding in Hillingdon is another of their agents, maybe worth pricing them up if they are cheaper.

Don’t live in Glasgow, but I use a Sodastream @ £13 a replacement from Argos.

IF (*) I don’t screw up it will last me for 6 to 7 ten litre kegs @ 5psi.

To me, the joy of Sodastream is that a “swap” is available almost anywhere in the UK, even if it is a bit on the expensive side!
:hat:

* I have put the regulator on Max, left the CO2 venting to atmosphere etc etc. At the moment I am pulling straight foam from one keg because I had it on maximum so I don’t expect this cylinder to last much more than three kegs!
:mad:

Hi,

Who are folk using in Glasgow for CO2?

I’m setting up a kegerator for my brother. I use Lothian gas supplies in Livingston who are great, but looking for somewhere similar in Glasgow. I tried Sig who are hobby brew suppliers but they are crazy expensive! Ideally it would be a 3kg cylinder.

Thanks

R
[I use Express Fuels in Whiteinch for Co2 and nitrogen mix.

M&S fire protection in Rutherglen is where he ended up getting it. 2kg cylinder, £40 deposit and £7 a refil.
Hi, bought a CO2 Cylinder from Geterbrewed been looking for a company that would refill it do you know if M&S refill customweer owned or do you need to purchase the cylinder from M&S first, thanks

M&S fire protection in Rutherglen is where he ended up getting it. 2kg cylinder, £40 deposit and £7 a refil.
@Rento living in Stirling I am looking for a CO2 supplier. Part of the difference in price seen may be down to the purity and hence grade of the CO2.

Food grade vs Non food grade Co2 cartridges - Co2 cartridges blog

The difference is only about 0.9% depends of you are content with potentially carcinogenic contaminants in your beer. What grade did you get from M&S? Cheers.

@Rento living in Stirling I am looking for a CO2 supplier. Part of the difference in price seen may be down to the purity and hence grade of the CO2.

Food grade vs Non food grade Co2 cartridges - Co2 cartridges blog

The difference is only about 0.9% depends of you are content with potentially carcinogenic contaminants in your beer. What grade did you get from M&S? Cheers.
I use Lothian, no idea what M&S use. Most places do Swaps rather than refills, I’d recommend calling Home - Lothian Supply Company Ltd in Livingston.

Don’t live in Glasgow, but I use a Sodastream @ £13 a replacement from Argos.

IF (*) I don’t screw up it will last me for 6 to 7 ten litre kegs @ 5psi.

To me, the joy of Sodastream is that a “swap” is available almost anywhere in the UK, even if it is a bit on the expensive side!
:hat:

* I have put the regulator on Max, left the CO2 venting to atmosphere etc etc. At the moment I am pulling straight foam from one keg because I had it on maximum so I don’t expect this cylinder to last much more than three kegs!
:mad:
You can refill them yourself for a quid plus the cost of the set up.

Back