Going to be busy tonight......

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Djweeble

Reaction score
Only 23 minutes to go now......

Then I'll have finished my dinner and I can go out to the shed and get the tools out and start to build my kegerator
👍

Well, the initial assembly works brilliantly, except I get too much head at the moment no matter where I set the adjustment on the tap.

I'm running 9ft of 6mm id beer line, with no cooling at the moment as I haven't been able to get hold of a fridge yet......

That said, this seems to be the best brew I've turned out in years...... Woodfordes Wherry, left 3 months to condition.

Attachments

• Kegerator 1.jpg
    Kegerator 1.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 51
  • Kegerator 2.jpg
    Kegerator 2.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 59
  • Kegerator 3.jpg
    Kegerator 3.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 53
  • Kegerator 4.jpg
    Kegerator 4.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 49
Running just on keg pressure for now.....
Tomorrow I'll try the gas
Now just need an undercounter fridge to fit it into, and a dummy head for the artillery shell (105mm Howitzer).
My god, thats a good brew as well...... Best I've ever done..... been left 3 months to condition
👍

I think the keg might be a little high on pressure at the moment, or it might need cooling, as I'm getting a lot of head no matter where I set the tap adjustment, It seems perfect temperature wise while drinking though..... tastes lovely

Gonna have to put it away soon, or I'll be legless

Last edited:
Might be you need to try reducing the bore of your beer tubing. I use 3mm / 3/16” ID. Just have to fit a reducer on a short length of your 6mm pipe at either end to connect to your tap and keg.

Looks a nice pint athumb... Where do you get dummy Howitzer shells from? ashock1 Salisbury Plain?

Might be you need to try reducing the bore of your beer tubing. I use 3mm / 3/16” ID. Just have to fit a reducer on a short length of your 6mm pipe at either end to connect to your tap and keg.

Looks a nice pint athumb... Where do you get dummy Howitzer shells from? ashock1 Salisbury Plain?

Thanks for the advice, I'll give that a go, I'll order it tonight.

The Howitzer shell isn't a dummy, it's the real thing, been fired obviously, so there's no likelihood of a big bang when drilling holes in it :laugh8:
I found it in the road one morning in the centre of Oslo !!! used it as an umbrella stand for years...... now it has a better use athumb..
There's loads of shells on the bay of E's, but I haven't seen one this size for reasonable money.

And yes thank you.... very nice pint :beer1:

Oh I think the flowers work pretty well 😜 and are rather original 🌼🌺🌸.

They just happened to be sat on the bench while I was setting it all up to try, and the pot fits perfect :laugh8:
I'm waiting for a friend with a woodworking lathe to turn me a dummy wooden head for the shell, I'll sand it down nicely, and paint it lead grey...... I think it'll really look the part athumb..
........ maybe I should just go with the flowers........ could be a good name for my little brewery....... or not, as it's already been used :laugh8:

Make beer.... not war !

Latest posts

Back