Good News! Inkbird ITH-20R Released Now! Need Test and Review. Limited Free Quotas!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It appears that others have been given the opportunity to review one of these units kindly provided foc by Inkbird. My PM told me to buy one on Amazon using Paypal then a refund would be provided. Unfortunately Amazon do not provide me with the option of buying through my Paypal account (its a competitor). Whether thats an Amazon UK thing or something that only applies to personal accounts like mine I have no idea. So although I have already PM'd Inkbird asking for an alternative way of buying one of these and then being given a refund (although so far I've not had a reply) I wondered what other UK forum members were doing/been asked to do.

It appears that others have been given the opportunity to review one of these units kindly provided foc by Inkbird. My PM told me to buy one on Amazon using Paypal then a refund would be provided. Unfortunately Amazon do not provide me with the option of buying through my Paypal account (its a competitor). Whether thats an Amazon UK thing or something that only applies to personal accounts like mine I have no idea. So although I have already PM'd Inkbird asking for an alternative way of buying one of these and then being given a refund (although so far I've not had a reply) I wondered what other UK forum members were doing/been asked to do.

I have done the same paid via bank card and inkbird can issue refund via PayPal. Don't see the issue

I have done the same paid via bank card and inkbird can issue refund via PayPal. Don't see the issue
Thanks for that. You have now cleared up my query.
However if there hadn't been an issue for me I wouldn't have posted nor asked Inkbird. What may have been clear to you wasn't clear to me. That's what the forum is for to ask questions, even though they may appear ridiculous to others. So there was no real need to add the last sentence. It devalued what you took the trouble to tell me.

Where does it say they got it free? If you get it free you can't do an Amazon review.

Where does it say they got it free? If you get it free you can't do an Amazon review.
To use your own words 'I have done the same paid via bank card and inkbird can issue refund via PayPal', that equals foc as far as I am concerned. In return I will be expected to provide a review. Nowhere is it implied that the review should be favourable or otherwise. If it had I probably wouldn't have asked to be included. Anyway (having now gone ahead) I am puzzled why I you say I can't add an Amazon review for items that come for free, especially since you can add a review on Amazon for stuff that you haven't even bought from them. Perhaps you would enlighten me.

To use your own words 'I have done the same paid via bank card and inkbird can issue refund via PayPal', that equals foc as far as I am concerned. In return I will be expected to provide a review. Nowhere is it implied that the review should be favourable or otherwise. If it had I probably wouldn't have asked to be included. Anyway (having now gone ahead) I am puzzled why I you say I can't add an Amazon review for items that come for free, especially since you can add a review on Amazon for stuff that you haven't even bought from them. Perhaps you would enlighten me.
No I can't be arsed.

I have various "techy" reviews on Amazon & elsewhere. Also have around 10 of your products so, if not too late, happy to test & review for you if required.

Hello,
Sorry, I noticed this so late.
About the review. It is not everyone can leave a review on Amazon directly if they have not bought the items. We do not know who can/ can't, so we ask all invitees to purchase it first.
Hope you can kindly understand.
Sorry if bring any inconvenience to you.
Sincerely.

In the first place: I would not have applied if I had any doubts about the quality of Inkbird products. Reliability is key when brewing, as far as I'm concerned.
And second: there have been too many fake reviews everywhere, so a review from a verified purchaser is quite valuable. Hence: first the purchase, then the refund. And is it really so much effort to pay with bank card, and get the refund via PayPal??

Delivery is Tuesday, testing will start right away :)

Is this still open? I'm a technical author, working with electronics all day, so can write a bit. I'm also looking to build out a new brew fridge/freezer, depending what I get my hands on, so the timing would be perfect. Hope I can help. If not, I'll be getting one sooner or later anyway. Always worth an ask.

Hello,
Sorry, I noticed this so late.
About the review. It is not everyone can leave a review on Amazon directly if they have not bought the items. We do not know who can/ can't, so we ask all invitees to purchase it first.
Hope you can kindly understand.
Sorry if bring any inconvenience to you.
Sincerely.
Be assured that I will be providing a review, since that was the basis of your original offer.
For me that was never in doubt. athumb..

Back