Good Ridance to 45 welcome to Biden

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I, for one, am just glad a person who's state of mind has seemed questionable has no longer got access to the nuclear button. Good luck to the new man he could not be worse, could he?
No he couldn't as he is not a racist woman hating nob

US political system is still a bit ****** if the Dems have to present a 78 year old as their best bet to unseat that turd.

As for us in the UK.... I think we are in a worse position with regards to changing the **** political system we have, sadly.

No disrespect to 78 year olds by the way, but I think if you want to stop 16 year olds voting, you should probably stop 78 year olds from being President.
Isn't the plan to hand it over to Harris in the future?

Joe Biden comes across a decent bloke - perhaps even the last one standing in the strange world of contemporary democratic politics - hence his selection as candidate for the eponymous party.
The threat posed by his running mate is far greater even that of our man Donald. No issue with her being female, nor her being of some eclectic ethnicity, but this is, by a long, long way, the furthest left US politics would ever have drifted. It is not even "if", merely "when" she becomes President.

Chippy the US are no longer World leaders partly due to Trump but also the Tiger economies. Not sure a country as divided as the US can ever again take a moral lead.
I see your point, but in reality, they haven't got much competition.
I can't see that they've got any competition, really.

Chippy the US are no longer World leaders partly due to Trump but also the Tiger economies. Not sure a country as divided as the US can ever again take a moral lead.
And this is why I don't understand why everyone seems to care so much. Yes Trump is a diabolical individual, but - genuine question - why do so many of us get so hot under the collar about him / what happens in the US? There are worse leaders / less democratic countries / better things to get het up about.

And this is why I don't understand why everyone seems to care so much. Yes Trump is a diabolical individual, but - genuine question - why do so many of us get so hot under the collar about him / what happens in the US? There are worse leaders / less democratic countries / better things to get het up about.
Because we expect more from a US president they are not Rusia or China.

You've got a point. I wonder if it's because we have lower expectations of the banana republics and fascist regimes and Chinese nutters, but we do have expectations of "The Land of the Free" and all that. I wonder if we shouldn't get het up when the big boys, in whose shadow we stand, suddenly prove to be unreliable.
I wonder, too, what the Commonwealth countries, of which we have little awareness in the UK, feel when everything the mother country stands for has been stood on its head.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/rus...on-bidens-mental-health-dhs/story?id=72879355
I'm sure it is unintentional but there is an undercurrent of Russian disinformation being forwarded here. It doesn't help that 45* nabbed onto the same disinformation campaign and ran with it; 45* is well known for spreading conspiracies and falsehoods.
As far as President Biden making errors while speaking, that has gone on for decades. I can't say if it's because sometimes he's too focused on his speech impediment or that he just makes errors. In any case, it is nothing new and, personally, I'd hate to be under the microscope/camera for every error I make as they are many.
Biden is old for a human. Statistics are what they are for humans. Harris has gone further left a lot less than the Republican party has veered right. Before being terrified what she stands for, read what she says, not what the propagandists say.
Biden said he ran because of 45*, not to gain wealth or achieve power. Is he a saint? I know he isn't but some people tell the truth when they speak, as well as they are able, something the US has not been privy to in a POTUS for years. As was afforded to the previous president, allow this one to prove or disprove his value and integrity.
The US is well aware of the damage that has been done to the valuable relationships of its allies. It is not under the false hope that all will be well now just because 45* and his nationalist administration is gone. As many citizens here still approve of that philosophy--an infinitely stupid one, I might add--our allies cannot be sure at this present time if nationalism will raise its ugly head again in the future.

Harris has been sacked today.

No she's not. She's formally resigned from the Senate, which is one of those technicalities that has to happen as part of becoming VP. I kinda like the fact that she can laugh about reading out (in her role as VP and hence president of the Senate) her own resignation, she just comes across as so much more human than most US politicians.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-55684845

I have a very good mate who lived in America for many years got married and had kids he loved it, His words to me were it is the land of the free as long as you are healthy and can work, he is now back home and his wife tells me i wish we had come to england years and years ago athumb.. she loves it here when i asked her why exact words were i feel safe

I have a very good mate who lived in America for many years got married and had kids he loved it, His words to me were it is the land of the free as long as you are healthy and can work, he is now back home and his wife tells me i wish we had come to england years and years ago athumb.. she loves it here when i asked her why exact words were i feel safe
Safe in what sense, free health care or the fact not every crazy **** is carrying a gun

Safe in what sense, free health care or the fact not every crazy **** is carrying a gun

Take your pick. The **** that your average American has to go through to access basic healthcare is unbelievable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back