Gooseberry wine suprise

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gwen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I am trying to make some room in by brew cupboard (which is full of wine and cider) so I grabbed a bottle of 12/19 gooseberry wine. Last time I had a bottle it was very dry, quite hard to drink, so I was ready with the sweetener tonight. But boy it is so tasty and smooth, even my husband said he could see himself drinking it. So I guess patients is a virtue. 😋

Attachments

• IMG_20210413_172513.jpg
    IMG_20210413_172513.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 73
I too have moved,But I have the opposite problem, The previous occupant was a keen gardener the way the garden has sprung into life is beautiful.
I just hope despite my disabilities I can do it justice this year.

We've just planted two gooseberry bushes so this sounds a great idea, I hadn't considered gooseberry wine. It's also promising about leaving the wine to age as I really didn't like the plum wine I made about a year ago, I'll have to try it again sometime soon.

Anna

Gooseberry's are known in country winemaking circles as the "Hairy Grape" Producing wine that can rival the grape which cannot be grown easily in the uk climate.Esp in Scotland where i am.

How long they take to start fruiting from when planted, I have unfortunately no idea.

My neighbour let me strip his mature gooseberry bushes after he'd harvested enough for his own use last year, made some of the best-tasting jam I've ever made, but tempted to try wine if he lets me do it again this year...

Latest posts

Back