Got snow?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ye we got snow in S.Yorks, which is something of a novelty these days. Please, please no-one start banging on about global warming as the cause... it's part of a normal cycle. Hope my car's handbrake isn't frozen solid in the morning like it was last Monday. Mind you, it was minus 7 then.

Yep
Lots of

Attachments

• 6841B3FB-1FCB-4411-AF69-DF20C94BA4C7.jpeg
    6841B3FB-1FCB-4411-AF69-DF20C94BA4C7.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 60
  • 4DC562E9-D409-40A4-889A-4B8706EA6766.jpeg
    4DC562E9-D409-40A4-889A-4B8706EA6766.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 81
Good old Skegness! Not a snowflake in sight! :thumb:

When we moved here from Derbyshire I brought along my sledge; not realising that A) It hardly ever snowed here! and B) The nearest hill is over three miles away! :headbang:

Little bit in Wirral, hope I'm snowed in the morning but it be a very rare occurrence. Bummer.

Blizzard here atm....

At this very moment a rare meteorological phenomenon is underway. It is a sudden stratospheric warming which has the effect of reversing the usual west - east direction of tropospheric winds. If the dice fall right, we could be buried in snow this time next week. But as is so often the case for this grotty little island, we'll snatch defeat from the jaws of victory and end up with mild sou'westers whilst the rest of the Northern hemisphere plunges headlong into Ice Age II.

Blizzard here atm....

We had a lot earlier but thank god it didn't settle, i have never understood why people who don't have young kids get all exited when they forecast heavy snow its a total pain in the **** especially when it freezes the following night.

My commute into work was lovely. Blazing winter sun. I then collected my client and suddenly, probably the most heaviest hail storm I've ever seen erupted. For about ten minutes (fortunately we were on the bus). Then the sun came back out again

We had a lot earlier but thank god it didn't settle, i have never understood why people who don't have young kids get all exited when they forecast heavy snow its a total pain in the **** especially when it freezes the following night.

It means we get a day off work cos we can't get in. And the excuse to act like a kid again. Like flying a kite but pretending it's for the nipper you have in tow.

Within the last few hours, the 10 hPa mean zonal winds at 60° North have gone easterly. A major ssw is now in effect. What effect it has on us is to be seen down the line, but at least we have an entry ticket.

.......... we'll snatch defeat from the jaws of victory and end up with mild sou'westers whilst the rest of the Northern hemisphere plunges headlong into Ice Age II.

"Mild sou'westers"!:wave:I've been trying to find a day when I can get the boiler going outside for the last five days and the noon forecast for the next six days is:
  • W - 14mph gusting to 23mph
  • SSE - 26mph gusting to 40mph
  • S - 22mph gusting to 35mph
  • WSW - 19mph gusting to 33mpg
  • SW - 12mph gusting to 21mph
  • W - 10mph gusting to 18mph
So next Saturday is looking good, but then again so did this last Saturday about a week ago!

It's murder trying to keep the gas burner going when the wind is gusting but I guess I shouldn't complain 'cos the wind is the reason we have one of Europe's biggest wind farms half a mile away from us!

I've just looked out of the window and can't see any snow. This isn't really surprising as the Council have switched off all of our street lights and it's as black as the hobs of hell out there!

Ironic eh? We have one of Europe's biggest wind farms on our doorstep, it's blowing a hooley out there and in the name of "austerity" our esteemed leaders have switched off all of our street lights to save electricity!:gulp:

Back