Gourmet Sausage & Egg McMuffin

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Subtle Duck

Regular.
Reaction score
So maybe a little guilty secret, but something that can brighten up any morning is a greasy mackies McMuffin. So, waking up just that little bit too late to get one today, i embarked on making my own creation to sop up the juice I had last night. The patty was made from caramelised onion sausage meat topped with melted black bomber cheese, a free range egg and encased within jalapeño and cayenne bread. It certainly hit the spot.

That sounds good, especially the type of cheese you used. I've made them at home as well though it's only ever been with the traditional ingredients. I even have a preferred dish to keep the egg round and perfectly sized for the muffin. I dunk each bite into ketchup--so good.
I also like making the breakfast burrito. In addition to the cheap salsa, which I like, US stores used to give a side of sour cream with the burrito which I liked even more.

I use a stainless steel food ring to mould the patty and cook the egg, its the exact size of an English muffin. I'd highly recommend experimenting with other ingredients, the sky is the limit. Was thinking about replacing the egg with pear and topping with blue cheese. Mmmm

Yeah, that ring would do the trick. I had been staying away for steel since I was using non-stick pans. Now that I've switched to carbon steel, I'll probably get one. I also cheat with the sausage and use patties which hopefully are of a better quality than McDonald's.

Sounds like you might be a chef. My "problem" is I love the sausage, egg and cheese combo so much. Same idea when I go out to a restaurant--if there's a burger, steak, pizza or nacho on the menu, I rarely veer from those items which is probably to my detriment.

I know the problem with non stick, had to have a few stern words with swmbo for using metal spatulas on our pans. I'm no chef, but have worked in the industry for years. They don't seem to trust me when I'm in the kitchen at work.

Back