Gozdawa beer kits from Poland

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funnily enough you can now buy these kits from Brew2Bottle already mentioned in this thread and interesting that this has come up as I'd not heard of them before. Anyway got the Black IPA kit on the way so will be interesting to see how that turns out: Gozdawa Expert Pint Beer Kits

The expert kits didn’t show up on their site had to do a search, they look interesting and good value, may do one of the Belgian styles with added candi, very limited info on line about quality etc any good?

Funnily enough you can now buy these kits from Brew2Bottle already mentioned in this thread and interesting that this has come up as I'd not heard of them before. Anyway got the Black IPA kit on the way so will be interesting to see how that turns out: Gozdawa Expert Pint Beer Kits
If you buy through ebay from Brew2bottle. Kits are a bit dearer, but free postage. I think they are the only ones on ebay who do the kits

If you buy through ebay from Brew2bottle. Kits are a bit dearer, but free postage. I think they are the only ones on ebay who do the kits
Thanks for the tip. I normally buy several kits at a time anyway so I get free shipping for spending over £59.

Placing a £40 order on Brew to Brew2Bottle Homebrew I arrived at checkout to find shipping cost to +£15. B@B were very good and waived the charges explaining they were having issues with a new shipping system.
I placed another order for £40 again, again I have been asked to stump-up +£15 for shipping. So far I have had no response from B2B and have not completed the order.
However..., Looking for some alternatives I came across Gozdawa on eBay, a Polish producer who have some very interesting kits at very reasonable prices, so I thought I would share.
If anyone has tried these kits I would be interested to know how they turned out. I have ordered and Alt Bier version. Some of kits types are simply not available form UK suppliers.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/gozdawa_co_uk/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=
Brewtobottle.co.uk have Gozdawa kits in stock spend £59 for free delivery

Is it OK to revive a seven month-old thread?

Wish I'd seen this forum and this thread before buying four Gozdawa kits. I noticed a Kolner ale in the range and read somewhere that it was a supposed clone of Kolsch. Huge fan of Kolsch, on summer days, so I took the plunge.

Followed the instructions to the letter. First brew was a disaster. Little taste and no head whatsoever. The moment I stopped pouring, the head was gone. Second brew is better-tasting but, again, has no head at all. Both took an age to finish fermenting, by the way.

Can the other two be rescued or are the kits complete rubbish and best thrown in the bin?

Thank you for the swift reply.

In the bin they go then. Deeply annoying.

Beware anyone thinking of buying their single can kits - they are utter pants. The twin can kits may be better, but I'm not about to risk it. After wasting my money on the four Kolner/Kolsch kits, Gozdawa won't be getting my custom ever again.

Thank you for the swift reply.

In the bin they go then. Deeply annoying.

Beware anyone thinking of buying their single can kits - they are utter pants. The twin can kits may be better, but I'm not about to risk it. After wasting my money on the four Kolner/Kolsch kits, Gozdawa won't be getting my custom ever again.
Real shame, Maybe add some DME and brew a little short? or brew last two tins together as a two can kit? I hate wasting money!

Real shame, Maybe add some DME and brew a little short? or brew last two tins together as a two can kit? I hate wasting money!

Too angry to think of that. Not just the money, but the time and effort wasted.

I used LME in both brews, to no avail. I'll try the last two tins together. That takes the Gozdawa into St Peter's and Muntons 2-can packs territory and (IMO) I doubt a two-can Gozdawa can compete. But it's worth a go.

Thanks.

I'll report back.

The third/last Gozdawa brew - using two tins rather than one - is not right either. Smells odd and it tastes wrong. I may leave it see if it 'comes right' but I doubt it will. I was annoyed enough to email the company which sold me the kits . That was over a week ago. I have had no response. That got me wondering. Something is clearly amiss on their website. Turns out they are discussed elsewhere on this forum and discussed widely online. I wondered why would a company with their apparent repute (!) stock Gozdawa? I am not wondering that any more.

Money and time wasted on utter c**p and, since I only have two 30L ferment bins, has put back my brewing plans by weeks.

I should have dumped the last remaining two tins of the Kolner in the bin. It would have saved me a lot of disappointment and wasted effort.

Last edited:
The third/last Gozdawa brew - using two tins rather than one - is not right either. Smells odd and it tastes wrong. I may leave it see if it 'comes right' but I doubt it will. I was annoyed enough to email the company which sold me the kits . That was over a week ago. I have had no response. That got me wondering. Something is clearly amiss on their website. Turns out they are discussed elsewhere on this forum and discussed widely online. I wondered why would a company with their apparent repute (!) stock Gozdawa? I am not wondering that any more.

Money and time wasted on utter c**p and, since I only have two 30L ferment bins, has put back my brewing plans by weeks.

I should have dumped the last remaining two tins of the Kolner in the bin. It would have saved me a lot of disappointment and wasted effort.
Please name your supplier!

Latest posts

Back