Gozdawa legacy pils kit.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frogbrew

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hi all, anyone done this kit before? Just recieved from ebay and was looking for any recomendations for brewing.
I've got quite a few bitters/ipa bottles in my garage which i never fancy, especially in warm weather so i thought i might try a lager style for a change.
I want to leave the kit as is in the first instance just adding brewing sugar or regular sugar, any thoughts appreciated.

Just a bump, nobody done this kit?

Sorry. Yes I have brewed this kit. It was on Saturday 8th August 2020.
Brewed slightly short to 22 litres. The OG was 1036 and after fermentation for 15 days, FG came out at 1008, so ABV 3.4%.

Looking back at my notes, it was during that really hot spell and the temp. on the outside stick on thermometer was reading 30 degrees!!!

So on the Sunday 9th, I hastily set up my brew fridge with the Inkbird and set the temp at 19 degrees.
By the Tuesday the 11th, I was concerned about the supplied unknown yeast that came with the kit as there was no visible bubbling. I then added a sachet of Hell Pilsner Yeast from CML.
The following day there was some visible bubbling.

On Sunday 23rd August I primed with one level teaspoon of white sugar, then bottled and capped said lager into 40 x 500 ml bottles and 1 x 1 litre PET bottle.

After conditioning in the warm for two weeks, I transferred the bottles to my garage where it is cooler.

I haven't tried it yet, as I've been too busy drinking all my other home brew beers and ciders! 😂 :beer1:

But I will try one by the end of the week and report my findings on here.

Cheers for your reply barley.
I haven't started it yet as I've been doing wine and cider but hope to get it on soon.
You didn't say what you added to your kit, just sugar?

Ok thanks barley, just what I was thinking of doing with it being a lager style. Look forward to your findings on first try.👍

Back