Grain milling and associated topics guide

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Heath

Regular.
Reaction score
It is time for a short educational video and this one covers the topic of milling your own grain for use within all in one brewing systems.

I get and see a lot of questions about this in general so here is a guide.

In this guide, I provide information about the choice of grain mill, the mill I use, gap size to use for all in one brewing systems, drilling speed, storage of milled grain, wet milling, locations best to mill in and health advice.

I hope I have covered the topic well, do let me know if you have further questions.

As usual, thank you for all your kind support and enthusiasm for my channel.

Please keep your questions, feedback and requests coming but please give me some time to answer, I get a lot of messages and answer them in the order they were sent in, particularly those on Facebook messenger tend to stack up! If you are comfortable then please ask questions within Facebook groups, forums or Youtube, so that others can also either benefit or contribute.

Happy brewing!

Last edited:
For those brewing with a basic brew in a bag method the grain crush will be particularly fine this level of crush is suited to this method but is not very suitable at all for the more popular ways of brewing your own beer at home with all in one brewing systems

All in ones are becoming more popular but i am sure at the present time the majority don't use them.

Last edited:
I switched off after 34 seconds after being informed that BIAB was a minority practice and everyone nowadays brews in Grainfathers etc.
That may or may not be true in the US but certainly in the markets I know about it is.

Well I guess we can all speculate on this but it is not really the whole point.
All I did here was make a video to put all in one system owners on the right track for milling their own grain.

Back