Grainfather Connect Controller

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I managed to bet hold of a Grainfather Connect Controller to upgrade my Grainfather .it only managed to get to 99° never 100° albeit was a rolling boil but not as vigerous as it was with the old controller . I am only 200m above sea level so was expecting it to hit 100° .
Is it normal for the connecf to have a slightly less vigerous rolling boil and not hit 100° .

Mine came with the connect controller and has no problem hitting 100 or reaching a vigorous rolling boil.

Same issue here, I’ve used the GF controller for a couple of years. Sometimes it gets to 100, other times it sticks at 99. I’m currently mashing at setting of 65…the Controller says 65 but when I pop in a digital thermometer I get a temp of 66.8 (it’s a TP300 Thermo).

I‘ve used this set up so many times that I’m used to the differences and compensate where needed and tbh, the beer is good 99% of the time

Thanks for the reply .
I will probably get use to the new controller over time . It did not help that the new controller only came with basic instructions so will look online for a more detailed instructions

Can you recalibrate the grainfather controller temp. Fairly easy to do on the Robobrew, brewzilla/ Guten.
Make sure your thermometer is working correctly test in ice water and in boiling water then check the temp of wort etc.
I noticed my wort was boiling but temp at 98 on screen so recalibrated and bang on now. No idea how long it's been off but obviously all my
mashes must have been out as well.

Back