Grainfather Element

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And if that's the element kaput can i take it that its now useless .

The element is not replicable but you can buy the whole body at £275 ashock1

You may find one cheaper i only did a quick search.

https://www.home-brew-hopshop.co.uk/home/2990-the-grainfather-replacement-boiler-body-pump.html

1636203596787.png

Don't panic, check the element use a multimeter, check the controller.

If there is no easy or cost effective replacement look in the correct section of the forum you will find out how to fit a 3rd party element and build a new controller.

Atb. Aamcle

Not great with multimeters etc so have an Electrician friend coming round to check it , pay back time for all the bottles he has drunk plus its in his interest to get me back online.
I have seen a few G30s and other AIOs for sale just none prepared to courier or near me

The elements are bonded types so not really replaceable so you have a few options
1. let your sparky do a continuity test on the element to see if it has broken
2. If the element has gone you could drill a hole in it and put in a standard type and just use it as a boil kettle or use as normal but you would not have the use of the controller so it would just be a manual brew kettle but you still will have the pump for re-circ and the grain bucket so just not the full control you are used to.
3. put a element in and use it as a sparge water heater.
4. find a second hand body as suggested
Good Luck

Looks like its the thermal cut out switch on the underneath of the G30 has gone . Sparky checked all and is sure thats what it is, a couple of pounds for a new one

They are readily available but make sure you get one rated at 130C otherwise it will tend to cut out during a strong boil. Angel Homebrew have one shown as a Brewzilla spare which would almost certainly fit.

Have you tried contacting Grainfather?
If it’s out of warranty (over 3 years) they’re not obligated to repair/replace it but it doesn’t mean they won’t. Maybe give them a try before you spend any money.

Back