Grainfather G30 Rolled Edge Plates

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is definitely a variation in manufacturing quality with the plates and malt tube. My original was an absolute pig to get the seals to stay on. Tried all the tricks mentioned above. No joy. 15 mins of cursing and they would fall off at the end of the mash.
When my unit developed a fault and I had a replacement tube and plates, the new ones are so easy to fit with a bit of grain dust. Works every time, first time definitely understand peoples different experiences here.

I've had these since they came out and they are pretty good and simple to use.

One thing I've noted is that you need to use the right pipework, so if you're getting these get the micro pipework too. On smaller malt bills you can end up with the overflow too high above the plate at the lowest setting as the top plate will settle on the malt and the overflow won't adjust down far enough. Not the end of the world.

Make sure you tighten the pipework sufficiently, the whole assemble has a bit more movement then the sealed plates so you need to reassure yourself that the overflow isn't coming undone.

Latest posts

Back