Grainfather woes

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keruso

Regular.
Reaction score
This weekend saw my first brew since GF released the new community and app software. I use the delayed heating function to heat the water to mash temp early in the morning so its ready when I start the mash-in. Before the software update this always worked fine. This time though, the controller was displaying only 16c, the heater was on but clearly the water was far hotter. No button on the controller was responsive, so I turned power off then on and found the temp was actually 90c. When cleaning you heat fresh water to 60c so I tried the delay again. Same thing happened, controller froze at 15c but the heater was still on. Obviously very dangerous, my GF would have boiled over and boiled dry had I not got to it sooner. I post this as a warning to other GF owners, if you use the delay, test it first.

I hope you’ve sent this information to the people at grainfather and the people who maintain there app ??

Latest posts

Back