Grainfather Wortometer (reviewed post 21)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
An ad for the grainfather wortometer just popped up on my facebook, anyone tried it? At £15 it could be worth a shot, its not a big problem having to manually adjust the flow to get the right temp but if it works well then for £15 its a nice thing to have. I cant find anywhere with stock at the moment but will keep an eye out for one.

it looks like a thing to read the temperature of the wort exiting the chiller. I can't see how it'd adjust the water/wort flow to get the right temperature so you'd still have to do that manually.

I dont have a GF and only watched about half the vid but I quite like this youtuber as he is very thorough and informative (even though his voice is a bit slow and monotonous)

Got one a few weeks back from Brewstore. Haven’t done a brew with it yet, though that may well be tomorrow! I’ll let you know how I get on with it.

Top tip though you need to buy another length of silicone hose, which I did. Thanks to David Heath’s video telling me that, as I would never have known until brewday, it would have been too late then :doh:

Yep, looks like you are right. Just downloaded the instructions and it will only measure the temp...
Another piece of Grainfather sell on. Its for the high tech guys who think that high tech substitutes the knowledge to brew by buying something techy. As for David Heath his vids can be good but he would endorse a stirring spoon with Grainfather on it saying it may cost £30 but it is so much better than anything else on the market. Why do people fall for it some of the Grainfather items are good but not all and as for putting a thermometer in to measure the temp why add to their coffers ( mind you it will make the beer better?) Rant over

Beerhawk are showing in stock at the moment:

https://www.beerhawk.co.uk/grainfather-wortometer

I've never dealt with them, reviews (of the store not the product) look a bit ropey and I suspect it isn't really in stock at all - I've ordered one for a laugh and I'll report back what happens...

I needn't have been sceptical - delivered today no problems. I wonder if the ropey reviews for beerhawk are due to them using Yodel?

Looks like a decent gadget and I'm looking forward to playing with it on the next brew.

I've ordered from them before and not had any issues. Here Yodel is probably the best delivery service, guess it all comes down to individual drivers etc. I often order somewhere else if they use MyHermes, they are truly awefull here

I've ordered from them before and not had any issues. Here Yodel is probably the best delivery service, guess it all comes down to individual drivers etc. I often order somewhere else if they use MyHermes, they are truly awefull here

Yeah was fine with me, they now have a tracker so you can see where the delivery driver is. Altogether positive, I feel bad for being so negative when I ordered.

David Heath his vids can be good but he would endorse a stirring spoon with Grainfather on it saying it may cost £30 but it is so much better than anything else on the market.

Man, I don’t know what it is about him but I just don’t believe half of what he says. He says he is some super experienced brewer yet never talks about what’s he’s done or beers he’s been involved with.

I’ll watch his vids when I feel like I need something to get off to sleep.

Man, I don’t know what it is about him but I just don’t believe half of what he says. He says he is some super experienced brewer yet never talks about what’s he’s done or beers he’s been involved with.

I’ll watch his vids when I feel like I need something to get off to sleep.

He also likes to preach about drinking too much, he only drinks at weekends and yet seems to have an output greater than Fosters. Where does it all go?

Perhaps his brewing experience comes from working with imake, according to this link: https://www.zoominfo.com/p/David-Heath/-993476474

What do imake make?

He also likes to preach about drinking too much, he only drinks at weekends and yet seems to have an output greater than Fosters. Where does it all go?

Perhaps his brewing experience comes from working with imake, according to this link: https://www.zoominfo.com/p/David-Heath/-993476474

What do imake make?

Considering he just did an independent review of the wort thermometer, this is a bit cheeky.

Has anyone tasted one of his beers? His review videos of his own beers are ridiculous.

Considering he just did an independent review of the wort thermometer, this is a bit cheeky.

Has anyone tasted one of his beers? His review videos of his own beers are ridiculous.

TBF it might not be the same David Heath, or maybe on one of the videos he's mentioned working (at least in the past) as a salesman for Grainfather. I'm just butthurt at the temperance video he did, that's obv because I'm a raging alcho and too sensitive about it ;-)

Perhaps he drinks 30 pints...Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Then can only speak slowly the rest of the week as he's suffering from alcoholic head paralysis....
well funny Clint but if it is the same sales agent that does supply Grainfathers etc its a bit close to the knuckle when he keeps saying he has no affiliation with them and would explain why he bleats everything is fantastic imagine if his customers saw a vid that did not paint the product as fantastic - thats if its him?

My reconning is if you are promoting stuff on YouTube and get lots of hits companies will sooner or later ask you to plug products...and either give you stuff or money if you do. Plugging rubbish won't work for either so only half decent stuff will get pushed...or if it's **** only get a mention
He does cover something iirc with a tea strainer or something so all's not perfect...perhaps GF will bring out a £29.99 tea strainer ..I mean hop filtration half sphere....

My reconning is if you are promoting stuff on YouTube and get lots of hits companies will sooner or later ask you to plug products...and either give you stuff or money if you do. Plugging rubbish won't work for either so only half decent stuff will get pushed...or if it's **** only get a mention
He does cover something iirc with a tea strainer or something so all's not perfect...perhaps GF will bring out a £29.99 tea strainer ..I mean hop filtration half sphere....
:laugh8::laugh8::laugh8::laugh8::laugh8::laugh8:

I could only watch a minute of it...he must have fell out with blichman??...didn't he use a thrumometer or something with the stick on temp guage?
Well I suppose,piddle taking aside,reviews are good.

Latest posts

Back