Grape juice concentrate

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Useless

Reaction score
Hi

Done homebrew a few times in the past from kits but I want to try and make a red wine, I've looked through the WOW thread and many other posts and thought about getting 1L of red grape concentrate off eBay and either just use that or add it with additional rgj from supermarket.

I've noticed most rgj ends up like a rosé so would using mostly concentrate be better?

Thanks

I should also add that this concentrate is labelled as 65 brix which is 1.32 sg or 858g/L

So if I was to use 250ml of rgc 214.5g
3L rgj @160g/L
Then too up with 750ml water
450g sugar
It should equal roughly 1.097 sg
Also add in tannins, pectolase, citric acid, nutrient and yeast

Does that sound ok or sub 1L rgj for another juice like cranberry ??

Thanks

Several members have tried to make red wine in the past and non have managed to make a decent red as they always lose colour when fermenting, it'll be interesting to see how yours turns out.

I'm trying with dried elderberries to get a redder red. Looks promising so far (day 7). My rose' WOW's have been very good.

IMG_20191008_175721.jpg Elderberry makes a blood red wine.
Might be an idea to do a WOW with a handful Of berries to darken the colour.
Picture is of this year's batch with a cherry wine in the background to contrast how deep red it is

That looks nice,

I've gone for a California connoisseur merlot 30 bottle kit as the reviews look good for them. Once that's done I might look at experimenting a bit, the elderberries added in with something sounds interesting, or even make a rosé for the wife, will have to think about it while it's brewing :confused.:

Latest posts

Back