Great service from Malt Miller!!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well this is the first bit of bad feedback I’ve seen regarding CML. I get all my hops and yeast from them and never had a problem.
I’ve never had any issues either, although I ordered 225g Falconers Flight a couple of months back that came in a standard clear vacuum pack, but the 100g each of citra and simcoe I ordered last month both came in the flushed foil bags. No issue with the quality of the hops in either case though.

Last edited:
There was a mishap with an order and they had the missing part out to me the next day. Very impressed as always.

CML are excellent never had an issue either.
And nor had i until the last order at the end of February this year.
I had used them for a couple of years and never had a problem up until now.
All the other hops i had received had always been in vacuum sealed foil bags.
I don't expect to receive expensive hops in a clear vacuum sealer bag that you can buy from Robert Dyas and that has let air in.
As far as i am aware hops should be protected from light and that's why suppliers package them in foil mylar bags.

Last edited:
I had my 225g of galaxy off CML in around 24 hours..it came in a clear vavpac... different to the usual mylar bag...but it's very dark in my freezer....

With regards to the DPD drivers a few years back there was a regular one who asked my wife what was in such heavy box every few months. When she told him he was very curious so the next time I got her to give him a bottle' Got great service after that he would offer to bring bring the box inside.

Another thumbs up for Malt Miller - always helpful and well packaged goods. thumb.. I've also used a few of their mini-mash kits when I'm restricted for time and they work out well.

I had my 225g of galaxy off CML in around 24 hours..it came in a clear vavpac... different to the usual mylar bag...but it's very dark in my freezer....
I’m wondering whether they’ve started putting the 225g orders in the clear vac packs for some reason.

A discount code is needed though to bring their prices inline.

It's not all about price (for me anyway): I've had some poor quality ingredients, especially hops, from other suppliers. I'd rather pay a bit more for guaranteed quality, MM ingredients are top-notch and well packaged.

"It’s unwise to pay too much, but it’s worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money — that is all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything" John Ruskin - The Common Law of Business Balance.

It's not all about price (for me anyway): I've had some poor quality ingredients, especially hops, from other suppliers. I'd rather pay a bit more for guaranteed quality, MM ingredients are top-notch and well packaged.

"It’s unwise to pay too much, but it’s worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money — that is all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything" John Ruskin - The Common Law of Business Balance.
Of course, but there are plenty of of other suppliers who provide top notch and well packages ingredients for less generally.

FYI, I mostly use MM but if bulk buying say a bag of grain and 70 quids worth of hops savings are made.

Last week i received an all grain kit from The Malt Miller, one of the 100gm Challenger hops sealed in a foil bag was soft (as if air was in the bag) ,i emailed them photos of the 2 x bags side by side for comparison and next morning received a speedy replacement,
Most of the 100gm foil hop packets i have received from TMM recently have a 4 year in advance best before date.

Attachments

• IMG_7494.jpg
    IMG_7494.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Back