Greetings from a cold wet Leeds.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minto

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just found this fab forum and signed up.

I'm not normally one for introducing myself, but having had a few glasses of good stuff have plucked up the courage.

I'm a newbie. Have spent the past few months converting Lidl apple juice into Cider. After finding this site, I found it is 'Turbo Cider'. Hope to use the recipes on here to improve on the 'nectar of life'. :drink: LOL

The Mrs is a wine fan and has been eagerly viewing the recipes on here. I'm a keen gardener so hoping to convert as much as possible to wine. Living on the edge of the Rhubarb triangle of Yorkshire, I've a nice Rhubarb patch. 1st batch of rhubarb wine is now on the go and bubbling nicely. Was going to have a bash at Dandelion wine as we are plagued by those bug**s, but all the dandelions went to flower. No doubt we'll have few thousand more shortly. Sigh
My set up is very simple, converted an old fridge / freezer to provide heating and cooling for a temperature controlled environment. Been using a lot of old 3 litre cider bottles for brewing. Drilled the lids, put in a grommet and airlock. Ideal for 2 x 1.5l apple or other juice.
Can't wait to get a lot more brews going.

Cheers all :cheers:

Minto

Welcome to the Forum Minto.
We do have a "Freaky Vinter" who makes wine from just about anything!

eeh up..... :thumb: welcome to the forum

get a couple of 5 litre water bottles for the t/c.. :party:

we make ours and keep it in pet bottles and drink it still,.... without bubbles, very nice,

try it with other juices apple and raspberry comes out different... :clap:

Hi All,

Thanks for the warm welcome. I know it will be a long time before I can offer advise. I hope you will all be as nice to me should I ask the odd stupid question. I'll try and report in occasionally on my 'experiments'.

artyb :- Thanks for the tip. Was looking at the 5L bottles of water the other day. Unfortunately, being a tight Yorkshireman, I can't bring myself to pay for water, even though they are cheaper than plastic Demijohns. Going to try a bigger supermarket tomorrow so hopefully find 5l bottles of juice that can be used.
I do have a couple of 1 gall dj's and a couple of 5 gall, but at the moment like to experiment using the smaller bottles. The caps fit all the pop bottles from 3l down to 500mL. Ideal for small trials and to use up the left overs that don't fit the bigger dj's.

corby_brewer Some of those you are fermenting at the moment sound rather freaky. What's the strangest you've done. ?

Have good weekend all.

Minto :drink:

Latest posts

Back