Greetings from a homebrewer in Jersey, CI

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Metman79

Reaction score
Hi all,

Thought I'd join up so I had access to some good advice on homebrewing techniques, hints, hacks and tips.

I've been brewing for around 6 or 7 years, started off with kits and quickly progressed onto all grain brewing using DIY/converted kit and have mostly had pretty good success with beer/ale brewing. Nothing award winning you understand, but good enough that most people that try it are surprised that I made it with positive feedback.

I've very recently made the leap and treated myself to an electric AG system, partly due to the halogen hob at the new house just not being up to the job and partly through wanting to make my brew days more efficient.

Just ordered some base ingredients to trial doing my first brew using my brand spanking new Brewzilla 30L. I'm not following a recipe really as I wanted to trial out the system first and make sure I was happy with the brewing process using the new kit, so that I couldn't ruin anything!!

If you've got any suggestions for what I should/could make and how I should approach it my first brew day then the ingredients in the post are:

Simpsons Finest Pale Maris Otter (4kg)
Simpsons Caramalt (1kg)
Wheat Malt (1kg)

Hops (all 100g)
Citra
Bru-1
Nugget

I'm thinking of something of a halfway house from an APA and a NEIPA but without any dry hopping, probably opting for some decent whirlpool action post flame out at 80°C. I'm also going to be bottling as I've not got a kegging system set up yet, so need the beer to now be easily ruined by oxidation!

Thanks for any advice!

Cheers,

Matt.

Welcome aboard. Having new kit means you're duty bound to practice and establish your new methods, it gives you plenty of excuse to do a few brews until you've dialed it in athumb..

Hi and welcome to the forum, also have a Brewzilla though for your first time out why not try a simple SMaSH with pale malt and a single hop just to cut your teeth on it and not a great expense if it goes south or you run into issues which you more likely will as most of us have done so.

Hi and welcome from a fellow jersey resident. I’m new to brewing and just making the leap from PG to AG. Been looking at getting some grains ordered in the near future. If you ever fancy doing a combined order to save on delivery cost drop me a message.

Latest posts

Back