Greetings from St Albans

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy02

Reaction score
Hi all - you lot sound like a friendly bunch with all the answers. Having started stove-top all grain brewing with a kit last Xmas from the ladies at Home Brewtique just across town I made a good half dozen batches (about 12x330ml bottles per batch) of witbier, honey pale ale and milk stout. As I got more and more into it and the quality seemed to improve each time, I decided to go for it and splash out big time on a complete Grainfather set up (sorry!). So far I've brewed a Summer Lightning clone (not bad but needs some work - went a bit orange for some reason) and I've got 38x500ml bottles of 6X-alike conditioning away downstairs. That's what comes of being a Wiltshireman originally. The water round here is about as chalky as it gets so am experimenting with acid additions (CRS + Phosphoric) which have sorted out my mash pH a treat. Next planned expenditure is a GF Glycol Chiller for my fermenter as the temperature is far too high, even in the basement, especially over the summer, plus I'd like to cold crash and remove a lot more rubbish from the beer. Citra next - I'm very partial to Oakham's and Tring's bottles of the stuff. Anyway, would be great to meet up with other Hertfordshire-based homebrewers to compare brews and swap tips. Cheers, Andy!

Hi and welcome to the forum.Sounds like your up and running with good speed but be very careful as you may well know this can be a slippery slope of a hobby as it's very addictive.

Latest posts

Back