Greg Hughes recipes

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have ordered the neccessary for the Christmas Ale from the book. Get it brewed early and give it a good 4 months or so conditioning

I'm drinking the hefeweissen at the moment. It's delicious, and one of the simplest beers I've ever brewed. Only thing is you really need to be able to control fermentation temperature.

Anyone done his raspberry wheat beer and did you puree the rasberries before adding to the FV?
Yes. Have done it a cpl of times. Just got multiple packs of Tesco frozen raspberries, thawed then refroze then thawed. Then into the FV as per the recipe. The colour and flavour bled out nicely. I put a nylon mesh over the inside of the bottling bucket tap. Worked a treat.

Attachments

• 31AC3794-DA45-4372-A1DF-9EAAABC5774B.jpeg
    31AC3794-DA45-4372-A1DF-9EAAABC5774B.jpeg
    41.6 KB · Views: 123
Just to update my claim from a few months ago I have ordered the needful for an Amarillo Single Hop ale (US-05 though, in a huff with liquid yeast currently).

The aforementioned Christmas ale has not yet been brewed but hopefully next week

I have an idea.

Get as many people as we can to join in. every one pick a recipe and make it. then every one in the syndicate trades a bottle . so every one gets a bottle of every ones brew. its a relatively quick way to sample every beer in the book

I have an idea.

Get as many people as we can to join in. every one pick a recipe and make it. then every one in the syndicate trades a bottle . so every one gets a bottle of every ones brew. its a relatively quick way to sample every beer in the book
It is a good idea, but I think the cost of sending out potentially 30+ bottles of beer could be prohibitive?

I have an idea.

It's a brilliant idea, but I agree with @Galena , above. The postal cost could be well over a ton.
All except that one that takes about three years to brew...
Which one's that, Clint?

Every time I start prepping a recipe from this, or another source it almost always ends up as some mutation of the original. One day I'll actually find the restraint to stick to the recipe!!

Every time I start prepping a recipe from this, or another source it almost always ends up as some mutation of the original. One day I'll actually find the restraint to stick to the recipe!!

Hey, you pay a premium for Artisan goods don't you?
So whats wrong with us Artisans ensuring small individual differences between our beers

Latest posts

Back